Wiki Posts
Search

Will not last long - HP ink deal at Tesco

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by cysyuen
Glad to announce my 29000 points are now on my account!

Bought them via BA store but don't think they have tracked...
Barely worth it with no BA store points...
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
Barely worth it with no BA store points...
Every little helps
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:03 pm

order has been cancelled 'at my request' even though I received a despatched email -refund shows 400 Clubcard points will be deducted -have I just got 3600 'free' Tesco points then ?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
order has been cancelled 'at my request' even though I received a despatched email -refund shows 400 Clubcard points will be deducted -have I just got 3600 'free' Tesco points then ?
Did you request it was cancelled?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
One of mine was cancelled (out of six) but then when I got to the store it was there. Just had another email saying it's been dispatched. Not sure what's gone on but I've finally got all my cartridges and also all my clubcard points.

Anyone know how often Tesco do the conversion / how long it takes?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
One of mine was cancelled (out of six) but then when I got to the store it was there. Just had another email saying it's been dispatched. Not sure what's gone on but I've finally got all my cartridges and also all my clubcard points.

Anyone know how often Tesco do the conversion / how long it takes?
Next one takes place in end of august?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:18 pm

To return them or not... Worst that happens is I get nothing and best that happens is I get 44K avios for free.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: Some
For anyone questioning the popularity of this offer, I just went to collect my order from my local Tesco Express - he took ages to come back out with the packages and then asked me what exactly was inside as they'd had so many people ordering similar packages this week it was difficult to find the right ones. Clearly I live in a high BAEC concentration area!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
For anyone questioning the popularity of this offer, I just went to collect my order from my local Tesco Express - he took ages to come back out with the packages and then asked me what exactly was inside as they'd had so many people ordering similar packages this week it was difficult to find the right ones. Clearly I live in a high BAEC concentration area!
Or just an area that uses a lot of ink

All of mine have now arrived.

Name:  IMG_0023.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  480.0 KB
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Anyone had any luck yet shifting these on ebay?
I'm a total novice at it and wondered if anyone was getting decent prices for them or is the market totally saturated?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
Anyone had any luck yet shifting these on ebay?
I'm a total novice at it and wondered if anyone was getting decent prices for them or is the market totally saturated?
I have sold them all to a computing supplier form Manchester via eBay. I used competitive pricing to get rid of them all (29 in total). Yes it is a loss but in reality I used around £310 to buy 70000+ Avios, which is not bad.

(These Tesco CCPs also allows me to try Virgin Upper-class first time if I ever wanted to!)
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've sold some of mine. Paid around £111.
Should end up costing around £50 for 15k Avios once all fees come off.

Not amazing but I don't see how anyone can really make a profit on eBay with these things.
Most people buy at say £20 and then sell them below cost for say £14-£17 (well, 1000 points = £10 or £30 in a triple deal, so no loss there is their logic). You then lose say 96p for Paypal, whatever eBay take and that could be £3-£4 and P&P on top of that (unless your employer unwittingly pays the postage for you I suppose).
You need to sell either to someone you know for as close to cost as possible or list the items as say £27 and then no-one will buy.
Or wait months until everyone clears their stocks by which time another promo may start.

I sent three separate inks recently in the same packaging 1st class at the same Post Office and the first packages of one separate ink cost just over £4, the third a day later (2 inks in the package) just over £3.

Last edited by xenole; Jul 1, 2017 at 4:07 pm
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Rather chuffed that my order was cancelled but tesco honoured my Clubcard points on 6 cartridges so no ink to sell and 15,000 avios in the bank. Result.

Oh - and they gave me £10 credit on my card too!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:38 pm

My approach was to sell them all on an international eBay site.

There were hardly any on offer, I sold them in packs of threes and a few even returned a profit on the cartridges alone - £30 turned into €40!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
My modest 20 inks all went inside of a month. I sold them cheaper for a faster sale, couple of offers to buy everything which were too slow. I had sold out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.