Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booking internal USA flights on AA with Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club

How do I go about booking internal flights in the USA on AA using Avios from my BAEC account? On their website I get various AA miles but no Avios option. Or do I need to do it with ba.com (in which case I guess I will need to wait a day ot so until the system recovers)?
Old May 27, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mikebg
Or do I need to do it with ba.com (in which case I guess I will need to wait a day ot so until the system recovers)?
If you want to book using Avios, you need to book with BA - either on ba.com or on the phone.
Old May 27, 2017, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Thanks.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Ha ha you'll be lucky. AA has shut down award availability for most domestic routes this year - check the AA forum for many expressions of disgust.
Old May 28, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by harryhv
Ha ha you'll be lucky. AA has shut down award availability for most domestic routes this year - check the AA forum for many expressions of disgust.
I scanned thru the first 4 pages and didn't see anything. Can you point me in the right direction to get some background?
Old May 28, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by agehall
I scanned thru the first 4 pages and didn't see anything. Can you point me in the right direction to get some background?
MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction / scarcity discussion
Old May 28, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Thanks a bunch!
Old May 28, 2017, 1:50 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by mikebg
How do I go about booking internal flights in the USA on AA using Avios from my BAEC account? On their website I get various AA miles but no Avios option. Or do I need to do it with ba.com (in which case I guess I will need to wait a day ot so until the system recovers)?
Use AA.com to look for availability. You can only book MileSAAver flights through BA.com with Avios. AA.com is better at finding awards with connecting flights but booking these with avios you will be charged for each flight segment as per the BA award rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.