Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver stay of execution at 540TPs

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Yes well, cross fingers it happens to me. I'm 370 short of renewing Gold but I completely expect to be Silver in a couple of weeks.

I won't be kicking and screaming about it though, the rules are the rules.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Yes well, cross fingers it happens to me. I'm 370 short of renewing Gold but I completely expect to be Silver in a couple of weeks.

I won't be kicking and screaming about it though, the rules are the rules.
After I left Big Corporate I got two years of "surprise" Silver, once for 520 points and once for 130.

The first was a pleasant surprise after nearly 20 years of Silver and Gold, the second was a total shock.

I didn't get lucky a third year on about 100 points and dropped to Bronze as expected the Blue just recently.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by srbrenna
Three years I think. And three years of Silver before that. I recall that There were no TPs for cheap economy back then and I'd moved to a job where I didn't travel that much. I dropped to Silver the following year as I got about 450 TPs and retained it the year after.

Since then I've retained Silver on 380 TPs and dropped from Gold to Silver on 900 TPs. The latter didn't bother me as I was back at Gold within three months. I did have to visit the Silver lounge once as the other times I was in F. It was really nice. I don't know what everyone here was complaining about!
Interesting data points. I don't expect this to happen to me, though. I usually buy I class tickets and only occasionally CE J tickets. Also fly QR and AA way too much for BA to see any reasons for giving me any incentives.

I have dropped to Silver with 900 TPs since first making Gold in 2012 last year before climbing back with a few(relatively cheap) Asia and US flights.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
I fully expect to drop to the depths of Gold this year as I can't see them "comping" me 1480 TPs, and I doubt I will ever see GGL again having originally got in under the old 2x3000TP rule and never getting close to 5000.

Ah well, its been nice ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.