Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK CCR access if connecting LHR F flight?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:29 pm

Thanks for letting us know how it worked out!
Originally Posted by DaveNCL
I didn't think you could purchase mixed classes on one ticket.

Could someone confirm?
I've certainly combined CW with ET instead of CE on the same avios reward (especially when there was availability in ET but nothing in CE), and even online, but sometimes I needed to arrange the query as a "multi-city" request and then just pick flights that happen to connect the same day rather than a single query where BA.com decided what connections to offer (and didn't show CW unless a corresponding CE connection was also available).
I'd think the same would work for longhaul Avios bookings.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

How would you have a same day flight in F? The daytime JFK-LHR flight lands in the late evening so any subsequent flight from LHR to NRT would be on the next day?
My read is that they weren't specifically talking about a connection in F to NRT, but rather a connection in F to anywhere. The 178 gets in at 19:45, so certainly there are F services to other destinations 20:45 or later... I think that's what the staff was talking about.
KARFA and Cymro like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Schultzois
My read is that they weren't specifically talking about a connection in F to NRT, but rather a connection in F to anywhere. The 178 gets in at 19:45, so certainly there are F services to other destinations 20:45 or later... I think that's what the staff was talking about.
yes, sorry realised that as well and have added a note on to my post. I think that would be fine, but I imagine it’s a very rare itinerary to not only do a connection like that but it have it as mixed class.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

yes, sorry realised that as well and have added a note on to my post. I think that would be fine, but I imagine it’s a very rare itinerary to not only do a connection like that but it have it as mixed class.
Quite agreed especially and there certainly are not many cases I'd think it would happen. And according to what OP was told, JFK CCR would still NOT be available in such a case.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:44 am
Original Poster

That is correct. The scenario I gave (i.e. 20:45 or after flight from LHR to anywhere, with a mixed class booking) is indeed rare. I was just curious to clarify on the rules. For note:
- CCR agents didn't have printed rules
- Galleries agents had laminated sheet with the grid, but no mention of eligibility anywhere of onward connections (for any lounges)
- OneWorld.com and BA.com don't seem to mention onward connection eligibility from what I could tell

On a different note, Galleries agents said that the JFK Galleries First renovations will take until at least October.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lewis_saint
That is correct. The scenario I gave (i.e. 20:45 or after flight from LHR to anywhere, with a mixed class booking) is indeed rare. I was just curious to clarify on the rules. For note:
- CCR agents didn't have printed rules
- Galleries agents had laminated sheet with the grid, but no mention of eligibility anywhere of onward connections (for any lounges)
- OneWorld.com and BA.com don't seem to mention onward connection eligibility from what I could tell

On a different note, Galleries agents said that the JFK Galleries First renovations will take until at least October.
CCR is not a oneworld lounge so the oneworld lounge access rules wouldn't be relevant here.

In terms of rules the lounge agents have a folder with the 50 odd page long BA lounge eligibility guide in it which covers the CCR - in fact I had cause to refer a BA agent to the guide a few weeks ago in the LHR CCR as she wasn't aware that a GGL in F could guest 2 in to the CCR, we went and got out the guide under the desk and I showed here the relevant page and part of the table. There is a separate page regarding transfers as well in the guide.

Thanks for the GF update ^
teledude likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.