Wiki Posts
Search

Day 22 and still no refund from BA

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold, BAEC Gold
Day 22 and still no refund from BA

22 days ago I cancelled Avios booked flights so that I could get my Amex 2 for 1 voucher back to use on another flight.

22 days on I still don't have the miles, money or voucher refunded.

I've tried ring BA customer services, emailing them and even resorting to Twitter. Still nothing, other than "it's being processed".

Any advice on how I can actually get BA to do something so simple would be most welcome.

Thank you.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Reasonably common if cancelling a Reward booking that has had changes - had yours? I've had experiences of 3/4 chases and up to a month to get money back in the past. Usually the Avios are instant which is good if rebooking immediately
Old May 20, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Been discussed a fair bit here before. For the cash component do a charge back through AMEX. You'll have to wait for BA to get the Avios and voucher.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Reasonably common if cancelling a Reward booking that has had changes - had yours? I've had experiences of 3/4 chases and up to a month to get money back in the past. Usually the Avios are instant which is good if rebooking immediately
This was exactly my experience as well.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Should have been instant. Past experience has taught me to never close the call until BA confirm to me that both voucher and Avios have been refunded and I can see them in my account. Otherwise you are at the mercy of the utterly useless customer services.

Raise your complaint on Twitter. It tends to work better than email or calling time and again.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by wb1969
Raise your complaint on Twitter. It tends to work better than email or calling time and again.
Originally Posted by inkiboo
I've tried ring BA customer services, emailing them and even resorting to Twitter.
Old May 21, 2017, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
No changes, just a straight cancellation. Really is very poor.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Call back and insist on the 'Oceanwave' remarks being resolved. This will get the Avios and voucher back, or at least a better explanation of why they are stuck.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:03 am

I NEVER get the Avios back without calling. Once you call it's usually a 2-minute-job and they post back instantly though...
Old May 21, 2017, 7:07 am

In my last case it took 2 months and multiple emails.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Update. BA have now said they have raised it internally and I will get an answer within 5 working days. They are refusing to let me speak to a manager or anyone higher and have instead referred me to the CEDR!

I have phoned AMEX and asked to dispute the transactions. Slightly surreal conversation given I have a BA AMEX!

Coming from someone who used to be BA Gold and was about to start flying BA regularly again, they have ensured that I will never use them again unless they are the only option. Complete shambles of an airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.