Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unusual cause of delay

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Unusual cause of delay

Si FO tells us the cause for the delay for the Ba flights out of AMS was the Fuel IT system going down in AMS causing lack of available gates.

Anyone heard of this excuse before? I'm assuming the BA aircrafts were held back at LGW/LHR but fueled there for the round trip.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, A3 Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
I've just boarded the delayed 2759 back to LGW, and heard the FO discussing this as I boarded. Apparently the knock on effect of the fuelling system at AMS going down was that there was nowhere for aircraft to park, hence the holding out of LON. Still, it's a new one for me too.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

There was a similar thing in Portugal last week with a fuel pump not working but I am not sure if that was a mechanical fault or an IT fault so it does happen.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by pianotraveller
I've just boarded the delayed 2759 back to LGW, and heard the FO discussing this as I boarded. Apparently the knock on effect of the fuelling system at AMS going down was that there was nowhere for aircraft to park, hence the holding out of LON. Still, it's a new one for me too.
Greetings from 1A
Old May 18, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by navylad
Greetings from 1A
So, just to clarify:

Code:
member   n/l 
in       1A 
from     NL 
to       UK 

delayed.

Per      FO 
Fuel     IT 
gone     u/s

?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.