Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cleanliness - 'brown stains' in toilet Bah-LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club

Flew BAH-LHR last night in J. Was first person to use one of the toilets before take off. Disgusted to see a lot of brown smears across wall and ceiling on supposedly clean jet.

Got some photos of it, not sure how to upload them from a phone though? I do have to wonder how difficult is it to clean brown smears off a toilet wall? Plane more widely was tatty and dirty and I had a broken footrest necessitating a seat move.

Have flown QR, EK and BA in J in last three weeks. Sadly BA is a very distant third on meals, cabin, crew and experience. :-(
Old May 16, 2017, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
And did you tell anyone on board? It might have been possible to get the cleaners back.

Not sure we need any pics though!
Old May 16, 2017, 1:46 am

It's ok, no need for photos, we'll take your word for it....
Old May 16, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I would hazard a guess and say it was tea or coffee, pretty sure the crew dispose of the remainders down the loo.
Old May 16, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I would hazard a guess and say it was tea or coffee, pretty sure the crew dispose of the remainders down the loo.
The OP mentions brown stains on the ceiling though... Could they have thrown the tea and coffee in the toilet with enough force to generate *that* much splash back
Old May 16, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
It's ok, no need for photos, we'll take your word for it....
+1
Old May 16, 2017, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club
I'll avoid the photos then :-)

If it was tea / coffee, it was a brown on the ceiling, the likes of which I'd not seen before...

I'd complain but I know I'll get a form letter without anything done about it. Didnt raise it at the time as it was very late at night / early morning and I just wanted to get to sleep. Didnt think saying anything would make a difference and didnt know cleaners could be called back - one to remember for next time.
Old May 16, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by frank_poulankh
The OP mentions brown stains on the ceiling though...
I don't want to know how brown stains got on the ceiling.
Old May 16, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
I don't want to know how brown stains got on the ceiling.
An object lesson on why the lavatories need to be locked during turbulence

Although if it had been a short haul flight, it might have been a dirty protest about BoB...
Old May 16, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze
The OP mentions brown stains on the ceiling though... Could they have thrown the tea and coffee in the toilet with enough force to generate *that* much splash back
Ha! I missed the ceiling bit (although it appears someone didn't miss the ceiling...)
They must have been taking salts (somersaults )
Old May 16, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
Ha! I missed the ceiling bit (although it appears someone didn't miss the ceiling...)
They must have been taking salts (somersaults )
Haha!

From the OP's description, it sounds more like a dirty protest than a simple lack of cleaning.
Old May 16, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: BA silver, VS, Jet, Carlson gold, Amex Plat
From the OP's description, it sounds more like a dirty protest than a simple lack of cleaning.
If the OP was the first person to use the loo after the turn-around, then it doesn't matter how/why it was caused, it should have been cleaned. It is a simple lack of cleaning (but hardly surprising for BA).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.