Wiki Posts
Search

Madrid 777 flight

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BRK-B
Madrid 777 flight

I'm not a gold member on BA, can I book the First Class seat on this flight by buying Club Europe (of course, by paying extra seat selection)?
Old May 15, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Have a look at these threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...te-s17-17.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...nto-board.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...sit-first.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...d-op-b777.html
Old May 15, 2017, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
There's few, if any, reports of people getting into the First cabin on a CE ticket other than hens...

Also, there's been a couple of aircraft swaps so don't book this flight just for the CW seat, unless it suits your schedule
Old May 15, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Book the Iberia service on the A330.....
Old May 15, 2017, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Noppasit
I'm not a gold member on BA, can I book the First Class seat on this flight by buying Club Europe (of course, by paying extra seat selection)?
Not unless the Club World cabin is full, and even then there's no guarantee BA will release the seats in the First cabin.
Old May 15, 2017, 3:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Book the Iberia service on the A330.....
It is probably worth mentioning the A330/340 operated BA522 gets into MAD a good 10 hours after the 777.

Having recently done the BA522 outbound and BA459 inbound in business class, I found both flights very pleasant indeed. Of note, the inflight entertainment system was switched off on the 777 but was switched on for the duration of the Iberia service. Another observation was the measure of comfort - I know we like to knock Club World but my goodness, it is still an incredibly comfortable seat, especially in take-off/landing mode.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards-Platinum, BAEC-Blue, Hilton Hhonors-Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by Genius1
Not unless the Club World cabin is full, and even then there's no guarantee BA will release the seats in the First cabin.
Seems like a missed opportunity for BA to sell upgrades to F? Thinking of booking 777 CW and hoping aircraft will not be switched last min.
. IB arrives a little late for short trip
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by premier01
Seems like a missed opportunity for BA to sell upgrades to F?
Think of all the cost incurred upfront in providing an F service, and how much revenue is generated to cover that cost if all you end up doing is op-upping people into F because they won't pay for it.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: VS Flying Club (Gold), BA Exec Club (Silver), Hilton Honors (Diamond)
I would pay additionally to sample the hard F product on a shorthaul route, just as EI charge £69 for the J seats when they run the 330's to Malaga.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:51 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
BA461 (Boeing 777) on 22nd August in ET cabin via BA MMB the WTP cabin is still blocked out. Using Qantas.com MMB the WTP cabin is showing as open for seat selection.

If I move my current (ET cabin exit row seats) to WTP using the Qantas website will the seat selection stick or will BA move me back into the main ET cabin loosing my exit row seat?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Always stuck for me. The WT+ cabin won't show at OLCI but your WT+ seat number will be shown. All will be normal at the airport.
cwl likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by premier01
Seems like a missed opportunity for BA to sell upgrades to F? Thinking of booking 777 CW and hoping aircraft will not be switched last min.
. IB arrives a little late for short trip
i guess it’s the complexity / cost associated with charging a supplement for a specific route. Plus then refunding people if not sat there and crewing it. I don’t envy MF who have to do a ‘long’ service to a full CE cabin on these flights. They earn their money for sure on these flights!

I’ve done it twice - the F cabin wasn’t open for selection - some people got moved after doors closed - one peson to let a family sit together, and another just said he saw 4A was free could he sit there and v friendly crew said yes.

I didn’t ask - I was v v happy with 10A, have been fortunate enough to have done F before and a Club window seat is v comfortable for a 2 hour hop.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Think of all the cost incurred upfront in providing an F service, and how much revenue is generated to cover that cost if all you end up doing is op-upping people into F because they won't pay for it.
Just make the catering the same and collect the fare difference for the seat alone? You could say something like:

"First Europe is offered on selected flights between London and Madrid, offering exceptional levels of privacy and comfort"

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
i guess it’s the complexity / cost associated with charging a supplement for a specific route. Plus then refunding people if not sat there and crewing it.
Almost zero cost of filing, maintaining and auditing some new fares. Crew roster and downgrade compensation might be a showstopper.

Tilly71 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: QF Gold
Similar question.
Does the PE cabin open up at some time before the flight (BA460 this Saturday)?, I am OW Saphire currently in 28B (Bulkhead Y)

Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Took this flight recently from MAD to LHR I was connecting in Madrid and about two hours before departure while I was in the lounge noticed the F cabin was not showing as blocked on expert flyer (prior to this was blocked e.g at T72 and at online check in). Quick call to BA exec club and I was moved from my club seat to first. (Ticket was club Europe Avios Redemption And I am BA silver).

can confirm its it’s an awesome flight to take if you can get yourself into F seat 😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.