Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room "enhanced" (South Security Entrance door closed for good)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room "enhanced" (South Security Entrance door closed for good)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by KARFA
I believe so. I am not passing through until next weekend but I will check.
Thanks! Appreciate it.
Old May 13, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
I thought one of the eventual plans was to expand the lounge complex and move the CCR location closer to where the First Wing is now? Of course that will take years or possibly never happen. While the current layout is not perfectly efficient, it's also not the long term plan and retrofits in an existing space must be done incrementally.

I assume all future expansions of T5 are currently blocked by the third runway (Not that they need to be, just that this is HAL's attempt at leverage).
Old May 20, 2017, 10:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
So my first time through the CCR since the secret door has closed. It seems the BA agent at the podium just inside the secret door is still there and will be maintained. Spotted her sitting there (unexpectedly based on this thread) so had a chat.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
So my first time through the CCR since the secret door has closed. It seems the BA agent at the podium just inside the secret door is still there and will be maintained. Spotted her sitting there (unexpectedly based on this thread) so had a chat.
That agent always seemed to play double duty between entry through the door and serving as a customer service rep. While I'm sad the door is closed, this will at least allow that agent to focus solely on customer service issues.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by sts603
That agent always seemed to play double duty between entry through the door and serving as a customer service rep. While I'm sad the door is closed, this will at least allow that agent to focus solely on customer service issues.
That desk is not manned all the time. There is only someone during very peak hours apparently.
Old May 31, 2017, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
That desk is not manned all the time. There is only someone during very peak hours apparently.
Well my post upthread was from a Saturday afternoon about 5.30pm which doesn't seem like a very peak time to me, yet it was manned.
Old May 31, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: FT
not manned on May 23 at 3pm. but as i noted in the celeb thread, Ms. Judy Dench noticed it was closed....
Old May 31, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by mkjr
not manned on May 23 at 3pm. but as i noted in the celeb thread, Ms. Judy Dench noticed it was closed....
That'd be Dame Judi to you.
Old May 31, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by mkjr
I thought that was outside the lounge?
Old May 31, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: FT
I thought that was outside the lounge?
sorry, i was making reference to the check in desk inside the door not being manned.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Didnt see anyone post about it yet.... but the magic door is open again!

I passed through yesterday and it was like the good old days. I asked the lady at the door why it was back, and she said they are trialling it again after customer feedback.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And further discussion is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...here-stay.html
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks CWS - I tried searching but couldn't find it.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:07 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Might I suggest a thread name change?

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.