Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR Room 'Millionaires Door' re-opens...staff say here to stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:26 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL

Back in T5 CCR this afternoon and notice that the door is open again. Mention it to the staff who say it happened at 1230 today, and it's here to stay.

Shall we rename it the 'Door to Boots' as that's it's primary purpose for me these days.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Goodness, I am surprised since they went through a whole shall-we/shall-we-not charade on this one. It's not just the route to Boots, it's the most direct route for any gate from A1 to A13, and equi-distance for B and C. Thanks for the report.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:36 am

As someone who has seen but never passed through the hallowed threshold, I'm pleased that those who did once are now able to again*

* Cue a 10 page epic thread on how it should never have gone away in the first place

Edit:

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Goodness, I am surprised since they went through a whole shall-we/shall-we-not charade on this one. It's not just the route to Boots, it's the most direct route for any gate from A1 to A13, and equi-distance for B and C. Thanks for the report.
In addition to the circumstances corporate-wage-slave mentions above, isn't it also the quickest way for anyone transferring flights at T5 to get to the CCR? The alternatives, of course, being to go 1) land side via the new First area, or 2) the 'long' way down the escalators and up again.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
A definite victory for those of us transferring to F from domestic flights and who don't need to re-clear security, too. Excellent news!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed, and whilst tragically my gate appears to be 10C today (sigh), on my late running DUS (sigh), I will be able to pass through the door once more!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Wooo!! I mentioned this again when I was there on Monday and no-one said anything about it coming back so either it was a fairly recent decision or they hadn't updated the staff. Good news indeed.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox
Wooo!! I mentioned this again when I was there on Monday and no-one said anything about it coming back so either it was a fairly recent decision or they hadn't updated the staff. Good news indeed.
Apparently made last night they said here! Lots of senior managers were said to be involved!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Yes! Noticed today as well and so surprised, had to check with the staff 'is this open again?', went through it even though b gates. But so happy, loved pooping out to Boots,
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Is it just that the door is re-opened or has it had a makeover? Never been through the door but always felt sad for the individual perched at the entrance .... not a fun job. Anyways well done to you millionaires, guess we'll see less traffic through First Wing. :-)
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
So for F and CCR holders, it'll be best to avoid the First Wing and go straight in from South Security?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AdBoy
So for F and CCR holders, it'll be best to avoid the First Wing and go straight in from South Security?
Probably not, First Wing is probably still the better Fast Track overall. If coming from the tube or Heathrow Express there may be a case for North Fast Track since that's usually quiet. If a visa check is required, I'd probably recommend the First Wing.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by crazy8534
A definite victory for those of us transferring to F from domestic flights and who don't need to re-clear security, too. Excellent news!
Isn't it easier when connecting from a domestic (no security) that you just walk along to the normal escalators up to the lounge complex?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:19 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Excellent news!

M
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
so happy, loved pooping out to Boots,
I'm sure the staff in Boots are happy about that too! 😀
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
Yes! Noticed today as well and so surprised, had to check with the staff 'is this open again?', went through it even though b gates. But so happy, loved pooping out to Boots,
Goodness - I bet Boots didn't!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.