Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flights Confirmed, Tickets Issued but Companion Voucher and Avios not debited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Booked 3 award flights, plus 1 infant to LAX at the weekend over the phone. 1 Companion Voucher/2 bookings. It appears that BA have not taken the voucher or the miles for one of the bookings. I see 125,000 debited for one ticket only. I did call BA on Monday who advised there are ticket numbers in both bookings and that everything looks fine.

Anyone else had an issue like this? What to do? Should I call them again? I assume they'll work it out eventually and take the voucher and 137,500 avios or perhaps just cancel the tickets...?
Old May 10, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I had a UUA that showed up as "confirmed". No miles debited.
Called and they said "error".

In BA speak, that which is confirmed is NOT confirmed.

So call them.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I made some changes to an award booking recently, with more Avios due to come out, and the agent who took payment details forgot to adjust the Avios. They didn't even try and take the extra, they just forgot.

It happens.

Call back and ask them to check the 'Oceanwave' remarks for the PNR that you were using the 241 voucher on.

BA are only likely to cancel/threaten to cancel the booking if the Avios/voucher aren't there when they realise their mistake and go to take them later. Might as well get it taken care of now. No, you shouldn't have to, yes, sometimes you need to.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA
I made some changes to an award booking recently, with more Avios due to come out, and the agent who took payment details forgot to adjust the Avios. They didn't even try and take the extra, they just forgot.

It happens.

Call back and ask them to check the 'Oceanwave' remarks for the PNR that you were using the 241 voucher on.

BA are only likely to cancel/threaten to cancel the booking if the Avios/voucher aren't there when they realise their mistake and go to take them later. Might as well get it taken care of now. No, you shouldn't have to, yes, sometimes you need to.
Just such poor customer experience/service. Why should the customer have to chase a company to take payment, either cash/avios, then have their ticket potentially held hostage because of BA's failings?
Old May 11, 2017, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JAXBA

It happens.

Thank you, JAXBA Great help, whilst I can't see there being a problem with them taking the avios and voucher later. It appears after appears the agent doing the booking seemed to have an problem issuing the tickets and therefore issued them, but then did not manually take the voucher and avios.

Mentioning 'Oceanwave' got a good response. Somehow I managed to get to a GGL agent as well - what a lovely experience.

The credit card was charged. Seems from speaking to the agent this morning, I might have got away with this given the tickets were issued though best to be honest to save potential issues later on. They have taken the avios and voucher now so looking good!
Old May 11, 2017, 2:37 am

I have had this quite a few times. Tickets issued, payment taken but avios deducted days and sometimes a week later.

Not to worry I say.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
I would say leave it until a week before travelling - and if not both done before then, call. I've had this on two occasions - in both instances all looked fine with the booking until I tried to check in online, when it wouldn't let me.

The Indian call centre of course couldn't sort it/couldn't see what the problem was, but once I got through to the UK they fixed it quickly by debiting the avios and/or taking the cash from my credit card.

It'd probably just held up in BA's notoriously slow ticketing department, but it might be simply that they 'forget' - in which case alas you need to be proactive in sorting it.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
I would say leave it until a week before travelling - and if not both done before then, call. I've had this on two occasions - in both instances all looked fine with the booking until I tried to check in online, when it wouldn't let me.

The Indian call centre of course couldn't sort it/couldn't see what the problem was, but once I got through to the UK they fixed it quickly by debiting the avios and/or taking the cash from my credit card.

It'd probably just held up in BA's notoriously slow ticketing department, but it might be simply that they 'forget' - in which case alas you need to be proactive in sorting it.
Thanks.

I was never going to leave this a week before travelling, especially with cot seats booked. It's sorted now (see above). Had it been a booking for myself, might have waited until check in if there was a problem

I've never spoken to the Indian call center in any call to BA. The agent who made the initial booking was in Newcastle, the second who said everything was fine was in Newcastle. The third who sorted it all out was in Manchester.

The problem was noted above. Agent had problem issuing tickets first time round, so decided to issue them manually and charge card, but did not take the avios or voucher manually. Ticket numbers were present for all bookings.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I had an WT+ -> CW upgrade a few years ago that was 25k points (pre-Avios). They were never debited. Sometimes you just get lucky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.