Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fifteen quid for exit row seat?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Fifteen quid for exit row seat?

Just popped in to manage my booking for tomorrow's domestic schlep ... and my preferred exit row seat is asking for £15😦? When the heck did that change? I'm 99% sure I've never paid before, and my last flights were last week - is this a new and previously unadvertised enhancement?
Old May 7, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
What status do you have? Did you book a "Basic" fare (no bags, and no same day changes)?
Old May 7, 2017, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Status Bronze, so I don't bother trying with seating until sub-24 hours out.

Ticket 'normal' discount economy - not an HBO or a super-cheap bucket, nor flex.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

The ticket was bought through a corporate TA but I've moved into exit rows for free with them before..:
Old May 8, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by memesweeper
The ticket was bought through a corporate TA but I've moved into exit rows for free with them before..:
Our firm or corporate TA has a deal with BA where you can reserve a seat at the time of booking without charge. Despite having the BAEC details loaded in to the booking system, it tries to charge you for an exit row, so I always use BA.com to select a seat.

Bronze should give you an exit row for free on ET from 7 days out though?
Old May 8, 2017, 4:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
What does your baggage allowance say on MMB? It may be that this time your TA has booked a basic fare.
Old May 9, 2017, 12:13 am
Original Poster

I'm very careful to avoid the HBO fare - and the TA system makes it hard to miss it - but I could have made a mistake. Sector flown now so I'll check again next week... but I've never seen a screen with free seat selection *except* exit rows on BA ever, which is what made it jump out at me (well, that and I wanted an exit row).
Old May 9, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Status Bronze, so I don't bother trying with seating until sub-24 hours out.
Bronze allows you to select seats 7 days in advance - and wouldn't "sub-24 hours out" be after online check-in has opened?
Old May 9, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC: BRONZE (Basic member: KLM, Emirates, United)
Just popped in to manage my booking for tomorrow's domestic schlep ... and my preferred exit row seat is asking for £15😦? When the heck did that change? I'm 99% sure I've never paid before, and my last flights were last week - is this a new and previously unadvertised enhancement?
Ryan Air lol
Old May 9, 2017, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Misco60
Bronze allows you to select seats 7 days in advance - and wouldn't "sub-24 hours out" be after online check-in has opened?
I meant 24 hours before OCLI, which was what I thought the bronze benefit was... !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.