Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check in desks at IAH.

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Check in desks at IAH.

Does anyone know what time the check in desks open at IAH? There are two flights, 4 hours apart, and I'm on the later one. Would you expect them to close after the first flight and open again 3 hours (?) before the later flight?

I have nothing else to do so I may as well get to the airport early and sit in the lounge if possible.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by lemonpie
Does anyone know what time the check in desks open at IAH? There are two flights, 4 hours apart, and I'm on the later one. Would you expect them to close after the first flight and open again 3 hours (?) before the later flight?

I have nothing else to do so I may as well get to the airport early and sit in the lounge if possible.
You can check in while the first flight check in is still open. They do close for a moment between the flights.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
I use IAH quite a bit (check handle) and can confirm that at least one person will always be at the check-in desk from 13:00 until the last flight. While the first flight gets away, most staff go to the departure gate or are completing other duties, but one will always remain at check-in.

They then resume with the full amount of check-in staff 3 hours before departure. While the lounge is fine, I wouldn't bother spending too much time in there - If I had 4 hours, I'd make my way to Terminal E and have a nice seafood dinner at Pappadeaux or your last taste of tex-mex at Pappasito's.

Hope that helps!
Old May 5, 2017, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both.
Old May 5, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I checked in last week at 16:30 for the 20:25.

The earlier flight had departed at 16:05

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.