Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Thank You From a Newly-Minted BAEC Gold Member!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Virgin Red

Refreshing the BA app this morning, I finally saw the borders and card logo update to a lovely new gold hue.

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone on this forum, especially the BAEC forum ambassadors, and the frequent commenters for their timely and knowledgeable advice.

I definitely wouldn't ever have made gold without your help, as I don't fly often enough in premium cabins, but courtesy of two trips to Australia, and a few odd dashes around in Club Europe (when it was on sale!) I finally made it.

I'm immensely looking forward to trying out the new first wing, on my usual LHR-GLA route to see my partner, and the F lounge. I will have to wait until I make a first redemption (potentially over New Year's) to try out the CCR, but I'm definitely looking forward to it!

I will likely only have Gold status for a year, as with the AA devaluation, a single TP run to gold looks less likely, and much more expensive. So any thoughts, comments or advice about how I can make the most of my year of Gold?

Many thanks to everyone, and happy flying.

Kind Regards

Pearcey606
Old May 4, 2017, 3:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Welcome to the club, Pearcey606! ^
Old May 4, 2017, 3:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Gold Pearcey606, it is good to see your post and I very much hope you get good value from your Golden year. Or years: anecdotally the way to retain it is a few trips to Tallinn, which seems to be the new Hawai'i. Just don't go there with BA if you want the TPs!
Old May 4, 2017, 3:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Congratulations Pearcey606!

..anecdotally the way to retain it is a few trips to Tallinn, which seems to be the new Hawai'i. Just don't go there with BA if you want the TPs!
Indeed, move over Hawaii golds, the Tallinn golds are taking over

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27542828-post48.html
Old May 4, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Pearcey606
any thoughts, comments or advice about how I can make the most of my year of Gold?
Pearcey606
Drink all the champagne
Old May 4, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Welcome to the Gold Club!

Enjoy the benefits that comes with GCH status!
Old May 4, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Congratulations from here as well, Pearcey606 ^

Enjoy the Avios earning bonus, F checkin and the FLounge

Originally Posted by KARFA
Indeed, move over Hawaii golds, the Tallinn golds are taking over
How about Alaska Gold? Our PHX/ANC trip was a useful 820 TPs to start a new Membership Year. Indeed, Gold comes from Alaska.
Old May 4, 2017, 7:32 am

congrats buddy, well deserved!!
Old May 4, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pearcey606
Refreshing the BA app this morning, I finally saw the borders and card logo update to a lovely new gold hue.
Congratulations on your elevation.

Hopefully will see you in an F lounge in the future.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Let me add my congratulations too. Another 120 days for me and then I too will only be Gold for a year... though 4 years ago I said I'd be happy with Silver so watch this space.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
Congrats.

I merely look on and dream of escaping the Galleries dry bacon rolls and having a full English before my flight.

Maybe one day <sigh>.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Welcome to the Gold Club!

Enjoy the benefits that comes with GCH status!
With the main one being....you can slag BA off all you want while praising the airlines you flew on to earn BA Gold.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
With the main one being....you can slag BA off all you want while praising the airlines you flew on to earn BA Gold.
I can't imagine who would do such a thing. BA is, after all, the National Airline [albeit partly owned by foreigners and networked with some Spanish people].

Old May 4, 2017, 2:31 pm

I got Gold from BMI for two years (nearly) and enjoyed the F lounges and F check in for my few Y BA flights. It's great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.