Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mmogdan
Seems quite unreasonable to me.
What is unreasonable about a Silver wanting to take in two guests, neither of whom qualifies for lounge access in their own right, and being told no? The wife is not Silver and probably will not be Silver for a few days yet. That is the way the system works.

Consistent advice here (including on this thread) is that sometimes a lounge dragon will be nice about this in these circumstances, but it is not to be expected as it is not an entitlement because the system works in the way that it does. Getting upset about not being allowed something to which one is not entitlement would seem to have a better claim to be the unreasonable part of it.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by Globaliser
What is unreasonable about a Silver wanting to take in two guests, neither of whom qualifies for lounge access in their own right, and being told no? The wife is not Silver and probably will not be Silver for a few days yet. That is the way the system works.

Consistent advice here (including on this thread) is that sometimes a lounge dragon will be nice about this in these circumstances, but it is not to be expected as it is not an entitlement because the system works in the way that it does. Getting upset about not being allowed something to which one is not entitlement would seem to have a better claim to be the unreasonable part of it.
Yes I suppose it is fair enough. I told them they should
enjoy the loungless experience BA have kindly given them for one last time

maybe if Alex Cruz is reading - I’m sure in this situation a sizeable amount of Avios or cash would be parted with to get lounge access for 3 people.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Yes I suppose it is fair enough. I told them they should enjoy the loungless experience BA have kindly given them for one last time
We've all been there at some stage!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
A good friend of mine is currently at LGW on a bit of a long layover travelling back from SIN. He is Silver and his wife just made Silver on the return flight, although the status hasn’t updated yet. They’re with their 7 year old child. They tried to access the LGW lounge and explain this and were denied. Seems quite unreasonable to me. They’ve both recently become very enthusiastic about BA and BAEC - what a way to upset new loyal customers?
It's not unreasonable for the agent to apply the rules, but it would be nice if they a little more discretion for cases like this - although tgat would have to be unpublished IMHO.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
I will be flying EDI-LHR-MAD, with the first leg in economy and the second one in business on Iberia, I booked it as a stopover redemption, even if there are only three hours between the flights.
Do I get lounge access in EDI? I did in the past but it was when the Business UK didn't exist yet.
Old May 5, 2018, 4:06 am

I'm on JNB-LHR in F followed by LHR-GLA in CW (same day).

Am I still permitted to use the CCR in between even thought these are not two 'formally' connecting flights, but rather on two separate PNRs.

Sorry if this specific question (separate PNRs) has been asked before, I've not been able to find it.
Old May 5, 2018, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by newyorklondon

Am I still permitted to use the CCR in between even thought these are not two 'formally' connecting flights, but rather on two separate PNRs.

Sorry if this specific question (separate PNRs) has been asked before, I've not been able to find it.
Hi,

Yes you can. Show your F boarding pass to the lounge receptionist together with your GLA boarding pass.

Regards

TBS
Old May 5, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: BA, Hilton

The all knowing Google says yes:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1470552-ccr-after-lgw-f-inbound.html

I didn't realise it even applied to F into LGW. And Flyertalk search is woeful isn't it!

Ps, I'm sure it's a typo but you are unlikely to get CW to Glasgow ;-)
Old May 5, 2018, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
The all knowing Google says yes:

CCR after LGW F inbound

I didn't realise it even applied to F into LGW. And Flyertalk search is woeful isn't it!

Ps, I'm sure it's a typo but you are unlikely to get CW to Glasgow ;-)
Thanks both. Ah, I'll give up on the FT search and use Google instead!

And - yes - CW LHR-GLA would be wonderful wouldn't it?! Sorry, yes, I meant CE!

Gosh, I've never even thought to try the F-into LGW followed by same-day CW/E-ex-LHR CCR trick. I've definitely missed out on at least one occasion!
Old May 5, 2018, 4:38 am

Thanks both. Ah, I'll give up on the FT search and use Google instead!

And - yes - CW LHR-GLA would be wonderful wouldn't it?! Sorry, yes, I meant CE!

Gosh, I've never even thought to try the F-into LGW followed by same-day CW/E-ex-LHR CCR trick. I've definitely missed out on at least one occasion!
If you are using Google, try using this search query:
site:flyertalk.com <insert search query>

For example:
site:flyertalk.com British Airways CCR lounge access arriving First

Google will only show results from flyertalk
newyorklondon likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Google will only show results from flyertalk
Great, thank you. Will do!
Old May 6, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
I'm gold, OH silver and daughter blue.
Routing ABZ-DUB-MCO in Y on EI, booked through BA.

Should we get lounge access at ABZ & DUB?
If so, which lounge at DUB?

Thanks.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by w3andw4d
I'm gold, OH silver and daughter blue.
Routing ABZ-DUB-MCO in Y on EI, booked through BA.

Should we get lounge access at ABZ & DUB?
If so, which lounge at DUB?
ABZ - not before 15 May, but after 15 May you and one guest. If daughter is under 2 then that's OK,
DUB - no access but you can pay for it via EI's equivalent of MMB (or ringing up if a BA booking, or perhaps paying on the door).
There are also Priority Pass options at both airports
Old May 6, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
ABZ - not before 15 May, but after 15 May you and one guest. If daughter is under 2 then that's OK,
DUB - no access but you can pay for it via EI's equivalent of MMB (or ringing up if a BA booking, or perhaps paying on the door).
There are also Priority Pass options at both airports
Thanks for that C-W-S.

I'm surprised that we can't get in at DUB based on our status and BA flight number. I would kind of expect the EI lounge to be out, but since it's a BA code share, is the usual BA lounge not an option?
Old May 6, 2018, 4:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by w3andw4d
I'm surprised that we can't get in at DUB based on our status and BA flight number. I would kind of expect the EI lounge to be out, but since it's a BA code share, is the usual BA lounge not an option?
The Codeshare+Gold allowance only applies at BA's own operated lounges, and BA's lounge in DUB is an third party lounge provided by the airport authority. And it's in terminal 1 whereas you are in terminal 2. I guess you went this way out of convenience and cost, so unfortunately it's one of the things that got sacrificed in this route selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.