Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2024, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IB+, LATAM PASS, ACCOR
Recommendations for arrival in Heathrow (5 hour layover)

Hi all,

It's been a while since I last posted, so I hope I've written this in the correct thread.

​​​​First world problems, I know! I'm flying into Heathrow from GRU in J and apparently we arrive at Terminal 3 at 06:50. I then connect onto Lisbon (also flying J) leaving from Terminal 5 at 12:00, so I should have plenty of time to explore/ visit a couple of lounges, although I've never had to change terminals in LHR before.

Where do you recommend I shower, freshen up and have breakfast? I have never been to the arrivals lounge in Terminal 5: is it worth it? Or would you stick to a lounge in Terminal 3 (I once had the pleasure of having breakfast in the Qantas Lounge and was very impressed by the service and general quality of the coffee and food) and then head over to Terminal 5 for a quick coffee in one of the galleries lounges before boarding?

I'm really quite confused by the myriad of options and look forward to hearing some advice from the more seasoned travellers amongst you!

Many thanks in advance for your time,
CG

Last edited by chilglish; Feb 19, 2024 at 10:07 am Reason: Missing information
Old Feb 19, 2024, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
you may struggle to get into the T3 departure area. reports of access being allowed are mixed
Markie and chilglish like this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 10:22 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by chilglish
Hi all,

It's been a while since I last posted, so I hope I've written this in the correct thread.

​​​​First world problems, I know! I'm flying into Heathrow from GRU in J and apparently we arrive at Terminal 3 at 06:50. I then connect onto Lisbon (also flying J) leaving from Terminal 5 at 12:00, so I should have plenty of time to explore/ visit a couple of lounges, although I've never had to change terminals in LHR before.

Where do you recommend I shower, freshen up and have breakfast? I have never been to the arrivals lounge in Terminal 5: is it worth it? Or would you stick to a lounge in Terminal 3 (I once had the pleasure of having breakfast in the Qantas Lounge and was very impressed by the service and general quality of the coffee and food) and then head over to Terminal 5 for a quick coffee in one of the galleries lounges before boarding?

I'm really quite confused by the myriad of options and look forward to hearing some advice from the more seasoned travellers amongst you!

Many thanks in advance for your time,
CG
I doubt you'll be allowed into the T3 departures area with an onward BP for T5. Suspect the BP scanners (or dragons) won't let you through. That's a shame because it has a better selection of lounges, esp. if you "only" have access to Business lounges. Nevertheless, I think you'd be entitled to access the Arrivals lounge in T5 and that's probably where I'd head. I'd rate it higher than any of the T5 business departure lounges.
chilglish likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IB+, LATAM PASS, ACCOR
Originally Posted by flarmip
I doubt you'll be allowed into the T3 departures area with an onward BP for T5. Suspect the BP scanners (or dragons) won't let you through. That's a shame because it has a better selection of lounges, esp. if you "only" have access to Business lounges. Nevertheless, I think you'd be entitled to access the Arrivals lounge in T5 and that's probably where I'd head. I'd rate it higher than any of the T5 business departure lounges.
Thank you flarmip! How long should it take to exit Terminal 3 and get to Terminal 5 landside? Or is it faster to get there airside and then exit Terminal 5? I know I read about that somewhere on FT, but I can't remember for the life of me where!

Last edited by chilglish; Feb 19, 2024 at 11:54 am Reason: Missing information
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by chilglish
Thank you flarmip! How long should it take to exit Terminal 3 and get to Terminal 5 landside? Or is it faster to get there airside and then exit Terminal 5? I know I read about that somewhere on FT, but I can't remember for the life of me where!
The t3/t5 'shuffle' ...From leaving the aircraft to being in the other terminal departure area is taking me about 35 minutes using the airside transit bus. Its 10 minutes on the bus.

I suspect landside will be similar, depending how long you need to wait for a train.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, EI AerClub Green
Hi. Just wondering if any BAEC Gold or Silver card holders have been allowed access to the Aspire Lounge in Cork Airport recently while travelling on BA code share to LHR? It was reported a few months ago in Head For Points that access for Gold and Silver was no longer been allowed at Cork and Shannon, so wondering if that is the case now.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Leaving Lanzarote on Thursday and wondering if BA CE ticket holders and/or GCHs have( free) access to a lounge at the airport pre-flight?
Old Mar 10, 2024, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by higham44
Leaving Lanzarote on Thursday and wondering if BA CE ticket holders and/or GCHs have( free) access to a lounge at the airport pre-flight?
Yes - access to the Guacimeta lounge, see the Oneworld lounge finder.
higham44 and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by flarmip
Yes - access to the Guacimeta lounge, see the Oneworld lounge finder.
It's a very small lounge though, so be prepared to wait to get in. We had to wait around 15 mins in December.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 4:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DaveMFF
Hi. Just wondering if any BAEC Gold or Silver card holders have been allowed access to the Aspire Lounge in Cork Airport recently while travelling on BA code share to LHR? It was reported a few months ago in Head For Points that access for Gold and Silver was no longer been allowed at Cork and Shannon, so wondering if that is the case now.
I've not been to Cork recently, but I did see the handwritten revocation of BAEC access at Shannon on the reception, with the original wording Tipp-exed over. This was early March.
DaveMFF likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S
It's a very small lounge though, so be prepared to wait to get in. We had to wait around 15 mins in December.
​​​​​I flew in the end of December and the queue was so long I opted to sit in Burger King terrace. An hour later pax who would have been in the queue in front of were still waiting.
There's nothing worth waiting for in the lounge if the queue is long, just find another spot in terminal that you might fancy.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:54 am

The excellent Icelandair Saga lounge at KEF has possibly the clearest and most comprehensive access guidelines that I've ever seen for any lounge, let alone a third party one. It even lists BA Premier and GGL!

(this is the first of several pages)
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
Flying LGW to AMS on ba economy, then same day Qatar AMS to Doha in business
Refused access at lounge Gatwick South BA galleries. Is that correct? Understood same day connections to business were accepted.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by toonomadic
Flying LGW to AMS on ba economy, then same day Qatar AMS to Doha in business
Refused access at lounge Gatwick South BA galleries. Is that correct? Understood same day connections to business were accepted.
transit from arriving long haul qr from doh onto a sh to ams would get you access

however you were not in transit in lgw, you were starting your jorney there, so my understanding is no access.

Others may have a different opinion.

The opening posts in this forum contains the paragraph
"when travelling short haul in economy on a flight marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline, lounge access is granted on the condition your same day connecting flight is/was long haul, premium cabin, marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline. "

which suggests yes as you meet that requirement, but then all the scenarios talk about transiting which suggests it is related to a same day connection in that airport.

Some staff at ba's own lounges in outstations may allow the access if they see you are connecting to ba business class long haul in lhr or lgw
toonomadic and flarmip like this.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Mar 25, 2024 at 8:38 am
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, EI AerClub Green
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've not been to Cork recently, but I did see the handwritten revocation of BAEC access at Shannon on the reception, with the original wording Tipp-exed over. This was early March.
I'm able to answer my own question now as returned from my trip last week. I was admitted to Aspire Lounge in Cork with BA Silver status. I was also able to bring a guest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.