Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways silver - the 4 eligible flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways silver - the 4 eligible flights?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 12:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

May I just add that due to BA's flaky IT at times there have been odd reports over the years that getting say 600 TP's and the 4 required flights in the period between the 9th and just before the end of the following month (just before your current Silver Card expires) shows as just another year in your BAEC account but if that does happen a quick call to the BAEC sorts it out and hence still giving you the nearly 2 years.

It's not common but it does happen.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Is is just me or has BA sneakily changed the requirements of an eligible flight? It used to be marketed or operated by British Airways but now I see the wording has changed on my BA account – it is now marketed and operated by British Airways.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ms101
Is is just me or has BA sneakily changed the requirements of an eligible flight? It used to be marketed or operated by British Airways but now I see the wording has changed on my BA account – it is now marketed and operated by British Airways.
see post 39 of this thread. it appears to be a typo when the new site was launched. there aren't any reports of ba marketed but non-BA operated flights not counting.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
see post 39 of this thread. it appears to be a typo when the new site was launched. there aren't any reports of ba marketed but non-BA operated flights not counting.
thanks. Was worried because the wording on my BAEC was still “marketed or operated by BA” when I checked last month before flying to US on AA-operated metal!
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Sorry to bother again. Im having trouble with BA saying one of my flights isn't eligible. From my very basic understanding of the requirements on post 18 it should.? I flew AGP-MAD on Iberia, booked through Iberia, but operated by Air Nostrum. Does Air Nostrum not count as on of the "Iberia franchises"? Thank you!
My OH is having the same issue here. BA is refusing to give points or add an Air Nostrum MAD-GRX flight as an eligible flight. In their response to the claim for the miles they say that Air Nostrum is not eligible, even though the flight number was IB and it was booked entirely through IB. Anyone else had direct experience or similar issues with this? If so, how did you deal with it. Collection year ends 8 Jan and it's one of the eligible flights which would be necessary for her to get Silver. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Hi all, first post here to please be gentle and apologies if this has been answered before.

Having just Blue status with BA, I have a QR flight (ARN-SIN) coming up next week and return business BA flight to get to ARN.
So if I'm right I should get 560TP + 80TP when I return end of Oct. However I will only have 2 eligible BA flights!

My year ends on 8 Nov so... does it mean I have to take 2 cash eligible flights before 8 Nov to qualify for Silver? I'm thinking a cheap economy return to AMS would be enough and should take me to Silver. Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Assuming you rtn to ARN is in J yes 80 Tp. You could of course do Y in at least one direction.

Or do Y both ways and do J on one of your AMS flights.

But yes you need 2 more BA flights. and LON to AMS is often the best option. But don't rule out LGW to GLA. And if you need J I can see LUX with an overnight for £142.

Last edited by Modo; Oct 9, 2019 at 6:19 pm
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by pandies
Hi all, first post here to please be gentle and apologies if this has been answered before.

Having just Blue status with BA, I have a QR flight (ARN-SIN) coming up next week and return business BA flight to get to ARN.
So if I'm right I should get 560TP + 80TP when I return end of Oct. However I will only have 2 eligible BA flights!

My year ends on 8 Nov so... does it mean I have to take 2 cash eligible flights before 8 Nov to qualify for Silver? I'm thinking a cheap economy return to AMS would be enough and should take me to Silver. Thanks in advance!
Your tier points look to be correct and, yes, you will need to take 2 eligible flights on or before 8NOV. BAEC does provide an undocumented two week grace period for those trying to achieve or maintain status but if you have the time I would just do the the two flights on or before 8NOV.
Have a look at this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...er-thread.html
Since you only need two flights and won't be concerned with tier points you may also want to look at this thread:
Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Tier points:
140 + 140 + 140 + 140 (ARN-DOH-SIN return QR in J) = 560
40 + 40 (LHR-ARN return BA in J)
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Modo
Assuming you rtn to ARN is in J yes 80 Tp. You could of course do Y in at least one direction.

Or do Y both ways and do J on one of your AMS flights.

But yes you need 2 more BA flights. and LON to AMS is often the best option. But don't rule out LGW to GLA. And if you need J I can see LUX with an overnight for £142.
Thanks for that clarification Modo! Yes BA to ARN both in J. AMS is one of the cheapest I can find on a same day return on (2 or 3 Nov is all I can do due to work!) so will probably go for that and stay at the airport for a couple hours. Never done it before!
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Your tier points look to be correct and, yes, you will need to take 2 eligible flights on or before 8NOV. BAEC does provide an undocumented two week grace period for those trying to achieve or maintain status but if you have the time I would just do the the two flights on or before 8NOV.
Have a look at this thread:
Since you only need two flights and won't be concerned with tier points you may also want to look at this thread:

Tier points:
140 + 140 + 140 + 140 (ARN-DOH-SIN return QR in J) = 560
40 + 40 (LHR-ARN return BA in J)
That grace period sounds great Jerry and works much better with my schedule but not sure if I should risk it to be honest! Thanks so much for the links I’ll have definitely have a read before booking the AMS flight.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 6:21 am

November 2 LHR BRU at £82 looks your best option followed by AMS at £84..

Went through AMS in August ad found the distance betwee the BA gates and immigration extraordinarily long. Deeply regret not paying the then extra £60 for CE ex MAN via LHR as I'm now 45 short of gold. Grrrr

Cheapest I can see out of LGW - same day Nov 2 - is again AMS but £111

Check the Premium Fare Deals thread where I give that late QR flight out of ARN an absolute slating!

I suspect worst is coming next week for QF DPS - MEL overnight on a 737 - cracks permitting.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 6:45 am

Oh no I was actually looking forward to that QR flight out of ARN as never flown QR before. Have booked AMS as the token return flight in economy for £84, gives me 2 hours to wander around the airport. Will LHR guys be bothered that there will be no AMS stamp in my passport I wonder (using the eGate anyway but you never know)!
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Oh no I was actually looking forward to that QR flight out of ARN as never flown QR before. Have booked AMS as the token return flight in economy for £84, gives me 2 hours to wander around the airport. Will LHR guys be bothered that there will be no AMS stamp in my passport I wonder (using the eGate anyway but you never know)!
I doubt you will have any issues. Even if you did, just tell them what you did & why and you will probably get a weird look. I'm sure they have had a few point chasers come across their paths before, and quite a few people including myself do back to backs there on good ex-eu fares.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:05 am

The QR flight is fine and the crew great. But the lounge at ARN is poor and can't be accessed until about 2 hours before the late flight. The QR lounge in Doha is a zoo when the late QR flight lands in Doha at around 5a.

I'd stick airside at AMS with 2 hours. I walk at about 5 Mph but with very slow processing of my partners ex EU line - started 90 minutes before departure - we were being paged on the last Friday evening in August!!
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Am I correct in assuming that LHR to Doha flown by Qatar with BA flight number BA7008 is an eligible flight for status purposes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.