Search

BA.com outage 26/04

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
BA.com outage 26/04

Anyone has any info?
Can't seem to login, do anything in the app or manage my bookings.

Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:11 am

wow - not again! Same for me.

Who on earth thought that outsourcing the IT to TCS was a good idea.. I also heard from a BA staffer that they cut back on staff in data center looking after the hardware. This must lost them a tidy sum. Hopefully they have been clever enough to put in SLA/Downtime fines in their contract.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Down for me too but there's already a thread for all these problems which I presume a Mod will move this to......

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tter-free.html
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
I had issues with Lufthansa too so it could be there's a sustained attack going on.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
What annoys me is that BA.com Twitter team is usually oblivious to this for the first hour.
People keep saying something's wrong but they insist it's all working "and you need to clear your temporary internet files" or some random non-answer. Apparently (according to twitter) phone booking is also impossible now.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by AAtticus
What annoys me is that BA.com Twitter team is usually oblivious to this for the first hour.
People keep saying something's wrong but they insist it's all working "and you need to clear your temporary internet files" or some random non-answer. Apparently (according to twitter) phone booking is also impossible now.
Yes it's ridiculous. "What browser are you using" is an irrelevant question when nothing is working.

I assume the twitter operators are the same people who reply to customer service emails. In other words, totally useless and lacking the required knowledge and/or training.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QFF Bronze
I downloaded an app update earlier today and when i opened the app found that my upcoming flights had disappeared. Tried to re-enter them but got error messages that told me to log out and re-enter. Did that and now cant log back in. The other gripe I have that i haven't been able to select my seats on my upcoming AY metal BA coded flights. The app is steadily becoming useless.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by lavajava
wow - not again! Same for me.

Who on earth thought that outsourcing the IT to TCS was a good idea.. I also heard from a BA staffer that they cut back on staff in data center looking after the hardware. This must lost them a tidy sum. Hopefully they have been clever enough to put in SLA/Downtime fines in their contract.
Down for me as well. The occasional outage might possibly be expected but this is twice in as many weeks. Poor show by BA
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think it may be back now, it's working for me on Android app, whereas it was down a brief while ago. I'm in the Heathrow complex.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:52 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Working for me too.

M
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
Of course, there are still some FT'ers that will swear blind that all these IT outages at BA have nothing to do with outsourcing.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capin
Of course, there are still some FT'ers that will swear blind that all these IT outages at BA have nothing to do with outsourcing.
Because there were never IT problems before outsourcing

I don't think it was the case anyone said they have nothing to do with outsourcing, it was that when IT issues occurred it is not clear:

a) whether it was at a part of BA where the IT was outsourced; and
b) that the failure was a result of the outsourcing per se and/or the quality of the outsourcing, and would not have occurred if the outsourcing hadn't taken place.

I am not sure which of your posts details answers to a) and b), could you link to it please? Without evidence of a) and b) I don't think one is able to draw the conclusion that all IT outages are a result of outsourcing as you keep suggesting in posts on any IT issue thread recently.

Also as a former BA IT person I am sure you are completely objective of course

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 26, 2017 at 1:13 pm Reason: Spelling error
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheDodger
I downloaded an app update earlier today and when i opened the app found that my upcoming flights had disappeared. Tried to re-enter them but got error messages that told me to log out and re-enter. Did that and now cant log back in. The other gripe I have that i haven't been able to select my seats on my upcoming AY metal BA coded flights. The app is steadily becoming useless.
That one at least seems to be a Finnair IT issue - it's been broken for weeks even via their own website
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by Fitch
That one at least seems to be a Finnair IT issue - it's been broken for weeks even via their own website
So it's not just me having the Finnair issue. I have pre-assigned seats just wanted to change one and as you say it can't be done on Finnair either
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
So it's not just me having the Finnair issue. I have pre-assigned seats just wanted to change one and as you say it can't be done on Finnair either
I used the chat in the past which worked just fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.