Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge in Santorini yet ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Lounge in Santorini yet ?

Coming back from JTR last May check-in said maybe a lounge next year (2017). I just checked on ba.com and it says no lounge, no surprise there of course. But a sample check on Faro, and Rome also said No, when I know that there are (or were until very recently). So, system error ? or those 2 have been enhanced away too.
(And to think how I politely moaned at only a packet of crisps on a Band 4, those were the days eh?).
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Have a look at the database and wiki here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19761462-post16.html
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
It's a bit basic but I actually quite liked the JTR cafe with its open air balcony looking out over the runway.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
'andad, I remember our shared if anonymous flight there last year. Nice weather and a great spot to visit. Can't believe it was a year ago.

I've been back a couple of times more recently and there remains no lounge, and no place to put a lounge either. FCO and FAO do have lounges. In Greece, the only 2 BA lounge locations are ATH and SKG, very few of the other airports have lounges of any description. HER and RHO are the other airports with lounges (but no BA access) and there is a small landside lounge in JMK. And that's pretty much it for Greece.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:23 pm

Last time I was in Santorini a couple of years ago they barely had a terminal what's more a lounge. Its basic as basic can be but just right for a warm and sunny greek island. Unless they rebuild the airport I would not expect to see a lounge any time soon.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
'andad, I remember our shared if anonymous flight there last year. Nice weather and a great spot to visit. Can't believe it was a year ago.

I remember it too. Although unaware that Mrs 'andad was sitting next to FT royalty, I recall that you worked away on a lap top for the whole flight, no doubt for the benefit of we members.
Looking forwrd to a softer touch down on Sunday, oh I see the forecast is even more windy. The really small old ferry to Amorgos will be fun, 9 hours, BoB too.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
There's a couple of handy tavernas right outside the overcrowded terminal. Wifi, cold beer and a partial view of the runway. Who needs a lounge?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrGee
There's a couple of handy tavernas right outside the overcrowded terminal. Wifi, cold beer and a partial view of the runway. Who needs a lounge?
Thanks, I hadn't noticed them, that will do nicely.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
there is a small landside lounge in JMK. .
Really?

Just........how far landside was this lounge???
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Banana4321
Really?

hahahaha. JMK is basically a bus stop. You are better off going to the Starbucks near the airport and then going to the actual airport 30 mins or so before departure. At least the plane is waiting for you literally 50 meters away from the check in desk = )

Generally Greece is a very beautiful country with appalling infrastructure. So do not expect any lounges in island airports, simply enjoy the fresh island air and go to a taverna and have some nice fresh appetizers, fish and local alcohol and go to the airport just before departure!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Really?

I see the pleasures of the Goldair Handling Lounge have so far escaped your titillation. It's upstairs above check-in. It's not very big, I think it can't take more than 20 visitors at once, and it only opens in Summer. Where it fits in to all of this is that some of the charter and low cost airlines there sell lounge access as an add-on to their holiday packages.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:59 pm

I see the pleasures of the Goldair Handling Lounge have so far escaped your titillation
Crickey, I never knew. My sailing trips will never be the same....

https://www.prioritypass.com/tr/Loun...ing-CIP-Lounge
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
hahahaha. JMK is basically a bus stop. You are better off going to the Starbucks near the airport and then going to the actual airport 30 mins or so before departure.
Indeed my premise has been that standing in that godforsaken place (like all Greek airports) I am lucky not to encounter Cerberus
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Crickey, I never knew. My sailing trips will never be the same....

https://www.prioritypass.com/tr/Loun...ing-CIP-Lounge
Wow that looks amazing compared to the dump that is JMK!
Although expect a major refurbishment now that Fraport has taken over the management. They said they will start major changes in September after this year's tourist season.

Meanwhile in JMK and STR here are how the firefighters live.....

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/201...port-airports/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.