Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Thighsofsteel
Just a small point of process please.

i have a BAPP card obtained Feb 2019. If I hit the £10k spend in Sept 2019 obtain the voucher, does the £10k spend reset immediately or do I have to wait till Feb 2020 for the £10k spend to reset?
no, it resets on the anniversary, you'll see a message on the avios status page about when you will start to accumulate next years 10k
Old May 17, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by firstlight
no, it resets on the anniversary, you'll see a message on the avios status page about when you will start to accumulate next years 10k
thank you.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Thighsofsteel
Just a small point of process please.

i have a BAPP card obtained Feb 2019. If I hit the £10k spend in Sept 2019 obtain the voucher, does the £10k spend reset immediately or do I have to wait till Feb 2020 for the £10k spend to reset?
You have to wait I’m afraid.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: ba, SQ, Qatar, Shangri-la
2-4-1 and 2 separate bookings

Originally Posted by fruitcage

Hello Flyertalk experts.

Can you please clarify how many Avios I actually need in my account I currently have 2002000.
I have a 2-4-1 voucher and hope to make an outbound booking in November this year for departure in November 2020. This booking will be to either KUL, SIN or BKK all of which require 11900 for F or 87500 for CW subject to availability..
I know I can make the outbound reservation on line but due to the inbound being anticipated for February 2021 I will have to wait until March 2020 to complete. However having read some questions and replies it seems that I will need 87500 Avios for the outbound and a further 87500 x 2 for the inbound if both flights are booked on line and I clearly don't have enough Avios for that. Is there a way round this? i.e. Can the inbound be booked through the redemption line for one amount of 87500 as opposed to two?

Old May 19, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Yes if you phone and have the inbound added to form a return in the typical manner, you’ll only need the avios for one.
Old May 20, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: ba, SQ, Qatar, Shangri-la
Thank you for that, I thought that would be the case. BA were not overly helpful.
Old May 20, 2019, 4:52 am

Can anyone advise whether it is possible to book a 2-4-1 and instead of returning to GLA/EDI on same day, stay in London for 2-3 days and then fly back ? Flight times from Gatwick result in a LONG layover otherwise
Old May 20, 2019, 4:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by melanddave
Can anyone advise whether it is possible to book a 2-4-1 and instead of returning to GLA/EDI on same day, stay in London for 2-3 days and then fly back ? Flight times from Gatwick result in a LONG layover otherwise
Yes that's fine. When you are pricing up on ba.com just say yes on the page asking whether you want to stopover and add in the date you want. It should list availability for the relevant days you want.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
It would mean you'll be charged APD on that leg so, with the extra carrier surcharge as well and some more hassle/inflexibility, you might want to weigh it up against a standalone redemption or cash ticket or taking the train.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pauldb
It would mean you'll be charged APD on that leg so, with the extra carrier surcharge as well and some more hassle/inflexibility, you might want to weigh it up against a standalone redemption or cash ticket or taking the train.
You are right there will be the extra APD of £13/26 to pay and possible some airport fees, but there shouldn't be any more carrier surcharge to pay for doing a layover vs connection,
Old May 28, 2019, 5:21 am

Midnight GMT phone numbers?

I have to ring up BA to book my return flights, but when I click on the link in the Wiki, it gives me a DNS error. Is there an up to date link that does something similar?

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The tool that was formerly reached through a link in the wikipost (which I archive below) has not worked for a long time now. There is a lot of discussion in this thread about the best offices to try, as also mentioned in the relevant answer in the wikipost.
A common practice on the forum is to use this tool ...
Old May 29, 2019, 7:13 am

I'm actually trying to cancel my card now, and the lady is convinced that I will lose my 2-4-1 voucher if I cancel, and is very concerned about me losing my voucher, as my flights are booked for a year away.

It is still the case that the voucher persists even after cancelling, right?
Old May 29, 2019, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Barbs1
I'm actually trying to cancel my card now, and the lady is convinced that I will lose my 2-4-1 voucher if I cancel, and is very concerned about me losing my voucher, as my flights are booked for a year away.

The Ts and Cs say the voucher will be cancelled if you cancel the card and the call centre staff will keep telling you this, so there is no point arguing. However, nobody seems to have ever had the voucher cancelled in practice, and you would hear about it here pretty fast if it happened.

so- you are almost certainly fine, but you will have no recourse if they suddenly start enforcing the rules.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Barbs1

If it's just the fee you're trying to avoid, downgrade to the free card. This will keep your voucher intact and no risk of it being cancelled, and there's no fee payable.
mike&co likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.