Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by shadowline
Bit of an urgent one... Looking to call BA in 90 minutes or so for T-355 ticket release, and I've just realised that the Japan call centre is Mon-Fri... And it's now Saturday morning. Where should I be calling?
Call New York..
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by IAANN
Call New York..
Originally Posted by ringingup
USA
Thank you thank you
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:21 pm

Thank you thank you
First time doing this, not sure if I've made an error here but I'm trying to book a flight for 5/9/19. Agent seemed to think I need to call in 24 hours, I think they've just been released.

Who's right?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:48 pm

First time doing this, not sure if I've made an error here but I'm trying to book a flight for 5/9/19. Agent seemed to think I need to call in 24 hours, I think they've just been released.

Who's right?
Your agent is correct. You can check on the website to see which dates have been released (unless all of the tickets have been snagged).
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
The 355 days thing is a bit confusing. As each day starts at midnight GMT, tickets are on sale for that day plus 354 future days I think.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by fruitcage
The 355 days thing is a bit confusing. As each day starts at midnight GMT, tickets are on sale for that day plus 354 future days I think.
This is correct. I've checked it several times over the years. The basic position is that BA sells tickets for 355 days at any one time, including today.
argonath likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:11 pm

Done. But done online after a misinformed agent on the phone. Frustrating.

Agent told me that because I'd called at 0058, and so before 0100, then if she did a search then no seats would come up. She said that seats 'will take about an hour to load onto the system', and that I need to call back at 7am tomorrow. I told her I needed to make sure I got the seats, but she said there'd be no problem with getting them in the morning. "But I need 2 business class seats" "Not a problem - we load 8 onto the system".

Obviously this is patently incorrect.

Anyway, did it online - not a problem for now as it's my outbound, but if I get another wrong agent when it comes to booking the return, I'll be mightily irritated if I lose the seats I need!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:53 am

Little video to say thanks to the forum for my flight - just back this morning

LGW-CUN (I booked last year!) - back on G-VIIO 1E & F
wanderingjock and IAANN like this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by combat_wombat
https://youtu.be/nbztQqGqptk

Little video to say thanks to the forum for my flight - just back this morning

LGW-CUN (I booked last year!) - back on G-VIIO 1E & F
Glad you enjoyed! Nice choice of music!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:40 am

Currently on holiday in Canada, which shall we say is not off to the best start... the latest problem is that a hotel we are staying at has significantly over-charged my BA Amex and put me over the £10k (this was prior to even checking in!), before I intended to hit this limit. The voucher has been triggered The manager has refunded the amount but of course this is hitting my account after the trigger so isn't going to have any effect on reversing the voucher issue.

Is there a specific person or email address I should be using to try and sort this out? I have already chatted online with Amex who say it's out of their hands.

Many thanks for any help and advice.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I have a quick question about earning the 2-4-1 voucher. My better half has just applied for and been approved for the Platinun Plus card, does the earning year run Jan to Dec so in otherwords if we spend 10k before Xmas and recieve the first voucher we can start earning a new voucher from Jan 01st 2019 ?

Or does the earning year run from now till the first aninversary of her recieving the card, so Sept 2019 ?

Last edited by eddy67; Sep 19, 2018 at 8:34 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eddy67
Or does the earning year run from now till the first aninversary of her recieving the card, so Sept 2019 ?
It runs from the anniversary of the card membership date; it's not by calendar year.

(I think that technically it's the Premium Plus card. There are other Amex cards that are described as Platinum but they don't earn 2-4-1 vouchers.)
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Thank you for the info, yes its the Premium Plus card... :-) Cheers
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Can someone clarify the rule for open jaws for me, as I'm finding the phrasing in the FAQs slightly ambiguous. Can the 'gap' be longer than one of the flights, as long as it's shorter than the other, or does it need to be shorter than both flights?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mordac
Can someone clarify the rule for open jaws for me, as I'm finding the phrasing in the FAQs slightly ambiguous. Can the 'gap' be longer than one of the flights, as long as it's shorter than the other, or does it need to be shorter than both flights?
The official line is that the gap must be shorter than both flights.

Wikipost now updated to revise this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.