Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by aidy
Looping back on these, i have been thinking about this, as the avios is paid to the main account and not per cardholder, the offer may still work. I'll get the wife to user her card tomorrow and ill report back if it posts.
To close this, the bonus points did not work on the wifes supp card, so i have just given her mine to use when doing the weekly shop
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by stephenjc
I read that the additional 6 months was being extended to end of September. Found it...

​​​​​​
That is good news for me. The link where it is mentioned is here Tiers and benefits
Old Jun 28, 2020, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Blue, HH Diamond
Can I check, with anyone that has done it recently, when adding a a return leg to a 241 booking (having already booked the outbound online when it was released), is it still BA policy to not charge the £35 change fee?
Old Jun 28, 2020, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 2002ad
Can I check, with anyone that has done it recently, when adding a a return leg to a 241 booking (having already booked the outbound online when it was released), is it still BA policy to not charge the £35 change fee?
Yes. There may be extra to pay taxes dependent on routes, but no change fees.
2002ad likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Blue, HH Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Fantastic, thanks for the quick reply!
Old Jun 28, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
2nd Data point to confirm yes they aren't charging the change fee as per an open-jaw booking finished off (rtn leg booked) 8 weeks ago ( that said since then ive had to rebook the entire trip 3 bloody times since due to BA so I kind of wish they had so I could then charge them the same everytime lol)
2002ad likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Officially at least, only if the return was not bookable (ie too far off) when the outbound was booked.
2002ad likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Siver, VS Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Hi everyone, Does anyone know if a 241 booking made today for a flight this October would be eligible for a FTV if cancelled through personal choice rather than a BA cancellation? (The 'Book with Confidence' page on BA looks a bit ambiguous and suggests only flights up until the end of August would be eligible).
Thanks,
Chris
Old Jul 1, 2020, 9:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cfbaec
Hi everyone, Does anyone know if a 241 booking made today for a flight this October would be eligible for a FTV if cancelled through personal choice rather than a BA cancellation? (The 'Book with Confidence' page on BA looks a bit ambiguous and suggests only flights up until the end of August would be eligible).
Thanks,
Chris
Hi. Yes, for a booking made today for travel in October you would be able to get a FTV if you did not want to travel - the FTV would also have the advantage of keeping the 241 alive until April 2022. As it is a reward you would also have the option of cancelling as normal and you would get everything back minus the £35 per person cancellation fee.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...clickpage=HOME

What bookings are eligible for a voucher?

Either:
  • Bookings made prior to 3 March 2020 for travel between 14 March 2020 and 31 August 2020
  • Bookings made between 3 March 2020 and 31 August 2020 for journeys that are due to have been completed by 30 April 2021
Old Jul 1, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Siver, VS Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Thanks for that confirmation KARFA. That was my reading of it too, until I started to doubt myself after I clicked on the T&Cs and read "If you are due to travel between now and 31 August 2020 you can claim a voucher to the value of your booking, valid for travel until 30 April 2022." I guess they haven't updated the linked page.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Can confirm that full refund is being issued of all taxes etc and avios as we've done it purely out of 'no longer wish to fly' on one of our Amex 2-4-1's ( not sure if SOP but in that specific case the £35 fee was waived as well but this may have simply been a nice agent / the fact some mutual flirting was going on )
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
LHR to LJU

I have used a 2-4-1 voucher for flights to Ljubljana in September, but now discover that passengers returning from Slovenia have to quarantine for 14 days. As we are travelling to Austria where the reciprocal arrangement is in place, I have found that I can get a much better deal on a reward flights from LGW to SZG, but when trying to cancel 2-4-1 I get to a screen offering a voucher, presumably for the £100 taxes. Should the taxes be refunded in cash?

Pre Covid-19 I wouldn’t dream of using a two for one for European flights but we’ve decided not to travel long haul until a vaccine is found.

Incidentally, is it possible to transfer the 2-4-1 to SZG flights rather than cancelling?

Last edited by botham; Jul 5, 2020 at 1:27 pm Reason: Addition
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:34 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by botham
I have used a 2-4-1 voucher for flights to Ljubljana in September, but now discover that passengers returning from Slovenia have to quarantine for 14 days. As we are travelling to Austria where the reciprocal arrangement is in place, I have found that I can get a much better deal on a reward flights from LGW to SZG, but when trying to cancel 2-4-1 I get to a screen offering a voucher, presumably for the £100 taxes. Should the taxes be refunded in cash?

Pre Covid-19 I wouldn’t dream of using a two for one for European flights but we’ve decided not to travel long haul until a vaccine is found.
The cancel options button on MMB automatically goes to the future travel voucher application page now. If you went down that route everything you originally paid is held on the voucher, so the cash is held as cash, avios as avios, and the 241. You could therefore apply for a FTV, then call to use that to book the LGW-SZG flights. The advantage is that there would be no cancellation fees taken from the £100. You would need reward availability on your new flights.

If you want you could voluntarily cancel but you would have to call to do that. Everything would be refunded minus the cancellation fee of £35 per person which is taken from the £100. You could wait to see if the flights get cancelled, in which case you would still have to call to cancel and get a refund, but there would be no cancellation fees to pay.

In terms of just changing the existing booking, that would only be possible if you are changing to another route in the same band. For SZG and LJU, unfortunately they are not.
botham likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by botham

Incidentally, is it possible to transfer the 2-4-1 to SZG flights rather than cancelling?
Careful - it could change but at the moment Austria is only open to UK travellers for essential travel, either with a recent test or self-isolation. https://www.austria.info/en/service-...y-requirements
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pauldb
Careful - it could change but at the moment Austria is only open to UK travellers for essential travel, either with a recent test or self-isolation. https://www.austria.info/en/service-...y-requirements
Thanks, but I thought this advice changes on July 10. I’ll await my voucher but I reckon we’ll be ok by September.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.