Search

2 4 1 retrospectively applied

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017 | 12:04 am
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold
2 4 1 retrospectively applied

I've done a search and pretty sure the answer is no, but is there anyway to retrospectively apply a 2 4 1 voucher to an avios booking. I've just triggered the spend threshold but the voucher hasn't hit my account yet but I've found flights to secure. If it makes any difference I will only be booking outbound flights first and then the return flights in 10 days or so when they become available so will need to phone up to do that anyway so is there any chance the agent could apply the voucher then? Thanks for any input.
Old Apr 20, 2017 | 12:09 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by JERmlb
I've done a search and pretty sure the answer is no, but is there anyway to retrospectively apply a 2 4 1 voucher to an avios booking. I've just triggered the spend threshold but the voucher hasn't hit my account yet but I've found flights to secure. If it makes any difference I will only be booking outbound flights first and then the return flights in 10 days or so when they become available so will need to phone up to do that anyway so is there any chance the agent could apply the voucher then? Thanks for any input.
You would just cancel the original booking, and pay a fee (believe 35 pp) and the Avios will be refunded, and then you can use half the amount plus 241...
Old Apr 20, 2017 | 12:14 am
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold
Doesn't that rely on the seats being put straight back into redemption availability and there is no guarantee that will happen?
Old Apr 20, 2017 | 12:18 am

Doesn't that rely on the seats being put straight back into redemption availability and there is no guarantee that will happen?
Yes, I think that's correct.
Old Apr 20, 2017 | 12:21 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Which is very unlikely. I've cancelled many Avios bookings and have never seen the seats reloaded for redemption.
Old Apr 20, 2017 | 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
I've done a search and pretty sure the answer is no, but is there anyway to retrospectively apply a 2 4 1 voucher to an avios booking.
As others have said the short answer is no - you need to cancel and rebook while hoping there is availability. In your scenario you are best waiting for the voucher and keeping your fingers crossed. Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.