Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lack of ability to offer compensation, toothless customer service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lack of ability to offer compensation, toothless customer service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by Annerk
I find it sad that people can no longer amuse themselves without electronics. I would rather become engrossed in a great (non-fiction) book and learn something than watch yet another mind-numbing show or movie. I never get on a plane without a good book. In fact I seldom go anywhere without one.
wow. judgmental much? I love to read, I love the theatre and sometimes I love to watch Arnie let rip with a machine gun. It's also just part of the product and so should be there or be compensated for.

In fact the more I look at that post the more it just looks like you want to belittle the OP.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I do not think time elapsed since the last upgrade has much effect. I had an upgrade in October 2015 then another in December 2015, then nothing since
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer
wow. judgmental much? I love to read, I love the theatre and sometimes I love to watch Arnie let rip with a machine gun. It's also just part of the product and so should be there or be compensated for.

In fact the more I look at that post the more it just looks like you want to belittle the OP.
Not belittling, just don't see how broken IFE should warrant a huge compensation--if any.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Welcome to BA in 2017. Bring your own food due to reduced offerings (longhaul) or in case they fail to stock enough (short haul). Bring your own entertainment in case their IFE does not work. Bring your own wipes to clean the seat in case the cleaners have not done their job. Desperate times.
And what's even worse, there always seems to be folks here who don't know why others would expect anything at all, if something that you are told you have by BA, doesn't happen.
I think thoughts on the double booking and the lack of being upgraded have been voiced enough and neither of these is BAs fault. But a paltry £40 for no entertainment is ridiculous. But then the OP should have rushed from the gates to buy books of course!
Why doesn't BA stop all the need for complaints or unhappy customers with no entertainment by doing what they used to do- provide a preloaded laptop with a selection of movies and tv programmes? Wouldn't take many £40 compensation payouts to make it viable to BA and keep customers happy.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by fiona
And what's even worse, there always seems to be folks here who don't know why others would expect anything at all, if something that you are told you have by BA, doesn't happen.
I think thoughts on the double booking and the lack of being upgraded have been voiced enough and neither of these is BAs fault. But a paltry £40 for no entertainment is ridiculous. But then the OP should have rushed from the gates to buy books of course!
Why doesn't BA stop all the need for complaints or unhappy customers with no entertainment by doing what they used to do- provide a preloaded laptop with a selection of movies and tv programmes? Wouldn't take many £40 compensation payouts to make it viable to BA and keep customers happy.
Good post.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by fiona
Silly post.

Good idea. A few loaded iPads to hand out as and when needed, would have avoided this debate and may have had a better picture quality than the installed IFE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.