Wiki Posts
Search

Get through security @ JFK w/out BP?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Get through security @ JFK w/out BP?

Afternoon all,

Flying MCO-JFK-LHR today. Checked in @ MCO, agent couldn't print BPs for JFK-LHR, told me to get them at the gate. It's since occurred to me that we're changing terminals. Does anyone know if I can get through security @JFK without BPs?

Cheers,
Al
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by alhenderson
Afternoon all,

Flying MCO-JFK-LHR today. Checked in @ MCO, agent couldn't print BPs for JFK-LHR, told me to get them at the gate. It's since occurred to me that we're changing terminals. Does anyone know if I can get through security @JFK without BPs?

Cheers,
Al
I expect that you will require some type of document to get through security. Suggest you stop at a BA check-in station upon your arrival at T7.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
TSA require photo ID and BP to let you airside
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks all, thought that was the case. Annoyed it didn't occur to me before I left the check-in desk here @ MCO. I did double check that all I needed to do was go to the gate, and he confirmed.

Al
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA guy probably didn't know there was a terminal change.

The AA lounge people may be able to print your BP if MCO has an Aadmirals Club (...?)
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Calchas
AA guy probably didn't know there was a terminal change.

The AA lounge people may be able to print your BP if MCO has an Aadmirals Club (...?)
The new Admirals Club at MCO opened in the last couple of weeks.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:49 am
Original Poster

I'm only BAEC bronze, will the people at the Admiral club even talk to me? Know where it is because I've walked past it..

Al
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:55 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Deleted

Last edited by FlyerTalker6245; May 23, 2020 at 7:39 am
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:15 am
Original Poster

We're flying Y+ long haul.. massive queue at customer services, looks like an entire flight being rebooked or something. And the BA app doesn't even think I've checked in for the flight to JFK I've got boarding passes for.

​​​I'll ask at the gate here, otherwise will wait until JFK. Got 3+ hrs layover.

Al
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:38 am
Original Poster

The nice lady at the gate printed off the BPs for JFK-LHR, so we're all good. Thanks for those hints, I wouldn't have thought to ask at the gate!

Al
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alhenderson
The nice lady at the gate printed off the BPs for JFK-LHR, so we're all good. Thanks for those hints, I wouldn't have thought to ask at the gate!

Al
^^ Enjoy (or hope you enjoyed) your flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.