Wiki Posts
Search

Shiny new Gold Card - thank you!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Shiny new Gold Card - thank you!

After a few years of silver, I reached 1545 tier points and made it to gold for the first time. All this thanks to all the great guidance and tips from the regulars on how to maximise tier points (160 TP to Athens in Club - who'd have thunk!). This was asked in another post and I can now confirm it: I did get the gold luggage tags as a first timer in gold.

I am very much looking forward to trying the new First check in on Friday at T5.

Thank you very much to everyone who contributes to this forum and in particular to all the regulars who keep the various guides updated!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Welcome to the Gold Club!

WE are sat at PHX on 1475 TPs for Gold renewal, with plenty more to come on the way home*

* PHX-PHL-DUB-LGW-JER
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Congratulations! Gold feels a long way away for me again this year.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:28 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Its a fun club
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much! Evangelist, I don't envy you that leg... But I can now see and appreciate why you'd do this voluntarily (unless you really love airports). Safe travels. :-)
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Congratulations - sadly, might be a stretch too far for me this year.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer
After a few years of silver, I reached 1545 tier points and made it to gold for the first time.
Congratulations! I do hope that you'll be able to use all the benefits for the whole period and then be able to maintain Gold for the rest of your travelling years.

It took me 21 months to get to Gold and then one month later left the UK for ever. I'm now in a location with no convenient access to BA, AA or any OneWorld airline......but still with the shiny Gold card in my wallet.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Congrats, Inselhuepfer!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I will add my congratulations on getting to Gold Inselhuepfer, I hope this improves your travel experiences. The one Gold benefit that is often overlooked is the double Avios for Gold Priority Rewards. It's not just in ET/WT, but probably it's most useful around Europe when your dates are restricted to times when there won't be normal availability. Needs to be booked manually, and at least a month in advance.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I will add my congratulations on getting to Gold Inselhuepfer, I hope this improves your travel experiences. The one Gold benefit that is often overlooked is the double Avios for Gold Priority Rewards. It's not just in ET/WT, but probably it's most useful around Europe when your dates are restricted to times when there won't be normal availability. Needs to be booked manually, and at least a month in advance.

The last time I was BAEC Gold was around 1994/5. I then had around 9 years (1996-2005) as a Lufthansa M&M Gold/Senator. Then 10 years of blue or nothing. I am now back to BAEC Gold and the main benefits are FC check-in and, as CWS says, double avios.

It's well worth having but probably not worth chasing too far.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Congratulations! The only problem with getting gold is that you end up really keen to keep it.

1F
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
Congratulations! The only problem with getting gold is that you end up really keen to keep it.

1F
That's why it's called a loyalty program.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by worldtrav
That's why it's called a loyalty program.
Or a slavery programme!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much for all the kind comments. I am already starting to see it as a slavery programme as my 0 tier points stare back at me accusingly....
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze
May I add my somewhat belated congratulations Inselhuepfer.
I can only doff my cap/tug my forelock from the depths of the Club lounge/check in despite BA kindly letting me know that I 'only' have another 770 TP's to go until gold is acheived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.