Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Letter to the Editor [about soft landing to Bronze in Telegraph]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Letter to the Editor [about soft landing to Bronze in Telegraph]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I grew up in West London myself, but always gave my address as being in Middx. Twas just how I was taught it. I may or may not have also been taught to answer the phone as UXB12345…
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by onaswan
A great letter to the Editor in this morning's Torygraph: a different look at the soft landing from Silver to Bronze. The writer pointed out that he was now in the "Has-been Club". The point was that by producing his Bronze card, he is displaying the fact that he "used to be important but is less so now"... Made me smile (although some Bronzes will, of course, be on their way up rather than down!)
Exactly. I was a Bronze myself five years ago. Albeit only for a few days. Have dropped back to Silver for a few months since then. But that's not quite the same since BA Silver is still very good, even on other OW airlines. While Lufthansa Silver is pretty useless outside the Lufthansa group airlines.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by The Daily Telegraph / Letters to the Editor

Rewarding work

SIR – Jim Pickering (Letters, April 12) asks what to do with a near-useless Air France / KLM reward card.

I suggest grouting.

Richard Kemm
Marseillan, Hérault, France.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
Has the Torygraph turned into Viz whilst I wasn't looking?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Arctic Troll
Has the Torygraph turned into Viz whilst I wasn't looking?
I wouldn't read past the innocent explanation, if I were you.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Originally Posted by The Daily Telegraph / Letters to the Editor
Rewarding work

SIR – Jim Pickering (Letters, April 12) asks what to do with a near-useless Air France / KLM reward card.

I suggest grouting.

Richard Kemm
Marseillan, Hérault, France.
Ha. That's a good one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.