Wiki Posts
Search

Flat bed in Club World - portable pads?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
Flat bed in Club World - portable pads?

Not sure if anyone finds the flat bed in Club World as uncomfortable as I do, even with the refurbishment of recent years. It's really just my hips that go numb from dealing with the very thin padding. Does anyone know of some smart company out there that makes a decent bed topper of some kind that exactly fits a BA Club World flat bed and can be easily stored in a carry on? Have asked BA many times and get no answer. Thanks much... Ishi 1
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well it depends when you are flying because there is one coming?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
Next flight is May 4 to Doha from London. If they have them on board now on some flights great, but BA itself doesn't know anything about this, apparently - I asked today. So probably I will still want to purchase one of these 'toppers', if they exist...
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I doubt that they will be on all routes for a few months.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board, Ishi 1!

I am sorry that I cannot suggest where you could find something to make the seat more comfortable for you but perhaps try a camping equipment shop?

The positive news is that something is coming from BA but it may be some time before it is available on all routes. AFAIK, this enhancement to the CW service has not been announced publically yet.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Hello Ishi 1! Let me add my welcome too. You can find some more information in this thread (Not all bad...perhaps a real enhancement for Club World?) including a suggestion for a DIY solution (post number 53) based on a trimmed down yoga mat.

Good luck!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ishi 1
Does anyone know of some smart company out there that makes a decent bed topper of some kind that exactly fits a BA Club World flat bed and can be easily stored in a carry on? Have asked BA many times and get no answer. Thanks much... Ishi 1
Welcome Ishi 1, welcome to the BA board here on Flyertalk. And thank you for the question. I hope we will see more of you in the future.

I can't throw much light on this however some time ago I was travelling with one of those amazing sleeping bags that condense down to the size of small biscuit tin. Due to a wine spillage unrelated to me, the cabin ended up one short on bedding so I volunteered to use my sleeping bag instead. It was a bit hot to be inside it, but I turned it inside out and slept most comfortably on top. (The turning inside out was because the outside material was shiny so I may have slid off otherwise)
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Well it depends when you are flying because there is one coming?
May I ask when you think they might be rolled out more completely? Thanks
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:33 am

Is it going to be something more substantial than the 'mattress' offered in First?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I doubt it and no dates yet, we may find out more on Wednesday as there are a few announcements coming.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:32 am

How about one of these:
http://www.exped.com/switzerland/en/...at-hyperlite-m

It's a 7cm thick air mattress, packs down to about 1L (much smaller than a yoga mat). I use a different version backpacking and its fantastically comfortable. I reckon this one is similar dimensions to a CW bed.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:14 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The CSD on my flight has just come to welcome me as a GGL etc - very kind of her and a really nice touch.

She asked me if I was looking forward to seeing the new Club Seat on Wednesday...to which I asked if that was the announcement date - she smiled.

M
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

She has her wires crossed.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by JAXBA

May I ask when you think they might be rolled out more completely? Thanks
Good (accidental?) pun!

For the OP: you may wish to look at Therm-a-Rest camping mattress which is a camping mattress that folds down small. There are other cheaper brands that are much the same.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Not ticketed my flight

Sorry mistake

Last edited by robiles; Apr 3, 2017 at 5:09 pm Reason: Mistake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.