Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award flight - schedule change

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Award flight - schedule change

Has anyone had any experience with booking an award flight with BA for which is subsequently rescheduled?

This happened to me, whereby the flight now leaves 80 minutes later than originally scheduled. BA Executive Club sent me an apologetic email, pointing out that I could cancel or rebook the flight. When I tried to do that, I was asked to pay a fee which is higher than what I paid for the award flight. I asked BA about this and they say that if the change in schedule is less than 4 hours, passengers are not entitled to any no-cost refund or no-cost changes.

I thought the 4 hour rule applied to delays, not changes in flight schedule months before the actual flight.

Thanks for any input/sharing experiences.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You can change +/- 2 days to another flight.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Hang up and call again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.