Search

BA Domestic Club Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ba exec club
BA Domestic Club Europe?

Just a quick question

Boarding pass to EDI is showing as Club Europe tonight?!

Can I get lounge access now? Has it already started?

Thanks!
Ps. First post yay!!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ABJ92
Ps. First post yay!!
So welcome ABJ92, welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum. It's good to see you here and I would certainly encourage you to post more often. It has come up already this, so I happen to know it's just BA's splendid IT giving you the future buzz of happiness, which unfortunately won't materialise until All Fools Day. So no lounge, no scones, no champagne, not yet anyway. Welcome on board.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply!

Currently in the lounge as I write though!

Went up to the lounge dragon and were granted access for it being a "BA error in our favour"! Yayy!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:51 pm

Nice job. You've probably given a handful of travel bloggers an article for tomorrow!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:30 pm

If OP is booked in Y/J, they would have lounge access under the current Business UK rules anyway, so nothing wrong in that case?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:01 pm

Of course, but then there is no point in starting the thread. Additionally the lounge personnel did say it was an error.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

I was booked in C Class according to my ticket but when she scanned the passes she had to override the "lounge access not given" screen!

Was as a lovely treat! Can't wait for CE to start on domestics..

Kudos to the crew on the 767 this evening with the BOB service though. Dead easy, good service with a laugh or two on a busy flight!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I was booked in C Class according to my ticket but when she scanned the passes she had to override the "lounge access not given" screen!

Was as a lovely treat! Can't wait for CE to start on domestics..

Kudos to the crew on the 767 this evening with the BOB service though. Dead easy, good service with a laugh or two on a busy flight!
You weren't booked in C selling class. The actual selling class can be found by clicking on "more flight information" in MMB.

Based on your report it sounds like it wasn't Y or J - these are the only two revenue selling classes on domestic flights which currently provide lounge access.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
All Domestics show C class on the boarding pass. More relevant here is the Selling Class, or Booking Class, which you can find in Manage My Booking in the More Flight Information hyperlink for the flight in question. Unless you paid hundreds of pounds for the ticket, it's unlikely to be Business UK.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
All Domestics show C class on the boarding pass. More relevant here is the Selling Class, or Booking Class, which you can find in Manage My Booking in the More Flight Information hyperlink for the flight in question. Unless you paid hundreds of pounds for the ticket, it's unlikely to be Business UK.
No I booked through hotline anyways but the boarding class did indeed say C as the class.

A nifty trick before April 01 to get some lounge access for us meagre bronze members anyways!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:13 pm

A nifty trick before April 01 to get some lounge access for us meagre bronze members anyways!
Not really, no.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
No I booked through hotline anyways but the boarding class did indeed say C as the class.

The boarding pass for UK Domestic has said C for a long long time

It has confused staff at outstations who check me through to GLA
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Not really, no.
Yes really, yea
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:43 am

Yes really, yea
There is no trick. You weren't entitled to access, the lounge agent made an exception in your case for some reason as a one off. Don't expect that to happen again.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Yes really, yea
How so exactly? A ticket than clearly doesn't entitle lounge access won't or shouldn't gain entry. I would also hope you have read the hotline terms and conditions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.