Wiki Posts
Search

Showing 0 Tier Points?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Showing 0 Tier Points?

I am currently BA gold status and have an upcoming round-trip flight from LHR-LAX in world traveler plus. I booked the flight through expedia and it was ticketed by American Airlines, but both legs are on BA metal. I put in my BA FF# and when I look at the booking on BA.com it shows that I will earn 0 TP and 0 Avios. Is this correct?
I know that flights on American earn Avios and TPs, but (1) I'm not sure if this holds if the ticket is purchased through expedia, and (2) I thought I remember there was an issue with getting credit for flights in WT+ when ticketed through American (but I can't find anything when searching the forum).
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
That sounds odd to me, usually this area tends to work. Is there something else unusual about the booking not mentioned? Such as an upgrade? Or using Avios? The other thing you could do is report back on the actual booking codes showing in the detail transaction line, which is in parenthesis after the airports. So something like (X/T). Some Industry Fares (consolidation ticket) don't get Tier Points, but Expedia wouldn't normally be selling that sort of ticket.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:22 am
Original Poster

It looks like it is a W fare... it says
"American Airlines 6186 operated by British Airways
Premium Economy (W)"
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ah OK, we have seen this before. There was a problem that W class on AA isn't WTP, but midrange economy. They don't actually offer WTP yet in AA, and so this isn't plugging in correctly. My fear is that the actually booked AA fare class, used by Expedia, isn't W and isn't on the list of fare classes used by BAEC. What I suggest you do is firstly give BA Customer Relations a call during UK office hours and see whether they can sort it out for you. If it turns out that the AA fare class is ineligible then based on previous BAEC adjustments something more could be done, but it won't be easy, best revert back here if that happens. If W is correct, you would still get 35 TPs. One problem with buying from third party booking companies (they aren't really travel agents) is that they tend to be less clear about what you are really buying.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
One problem with buying from third party booking companies (they aren't really travel agents) is that they tend to be less clear about what you are really buying.
But to be fair to Expedia, they do show the booking class throughout the booking process so are one of the best OTAs in this respect.

They also show the seat map early on, in a much more convenient way than BA.com...
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC
I had the same situation and posted the same query here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...odeshares.html

(apologies in advance if that link does not post correctly)

Coincidentally I was just about to report back with a conclusion. So here it is:

Post flights the tier points credited were in accordance with the BA calculator for AA (class W) flights - ie 35. After a quick phone call to BA and a brief check by the agent with their supervisor, it was agreed that this was an anomaly and that the correct (ie 90) tier points would be credited, which there indeed were within a few days.

So it does all end happily.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Thank you corporate-wage-slave, strawberryflyer, and Ldnn1. I'll give BA a call later today and see what they say.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Spoke w/ BA and they said I should get the TPs and Avios... told me to call back after my trip if they fail to post and they'd do it manually. I'll report back after my trip with an update. Thanks again for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.