Wiki Posts
Search

Changing one segment of a reward flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios, Aeroplan, Marriott, x,Hilton
Changing one segment of a reward flight

We are booked YVR to DXB with a stop in LHR. I'm now thinking that I should have booked to AUH but I don't want to cancel the whole booking and start again because \I don't want to lose the J class seats YVR to LHR that I currently have.

This brings up 2 questions for me. Am I allowed to so this? and as I don't have enough Avios points left to book again without first cancelling, would I be able to simply switch my points from my current segment to the new one? I realise I'll have to phone to make the change but I'd like to know my options before making the call.

Thank you
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, as DXB and AUH are in the same zone.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:39 am

Yes and just to add that you'll have to pay the change fee of £35pp, and possibly a small difference in tax/YQ if any, but no additional avios.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avios, Aeroplan, Marriott, x,Hilton
Thank you!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.