Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow in an hour, inc lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Heathrow in an hour, inc lounge?

Off to Dubai at the beginning of next week, me and a mate got a cheap WTP deal ex DUB
On our return we're on the 104 connecting onto the 1338 to NCL on a Sunday evening, arriving at 1835 and dep 1940. Now I assume it's going to be back into T5B or C (never been over there yet!) but it has booked us into J for the last leg upto Newcastle. That gives us lounge access but what I was wondering is do any of you reckon we'll have time to visit (even just for a quick look, lowly Blue here!) with only an hour to connect? It's a Sunday evening so presumably one of the busiest times of the week at T5 lol
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:35 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
BA 104 DXBLHR 225P 635P
BA1338 LHRNCL 740P 855P

It's terminal 5 to terminal 5, it will be tight if you are delayed, but BA104 shows arrivals of 5.40PM - 6:05PM so if you arrive around then, clear security, you could have a quick drink the lounge I guess.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Because of the tight connection, you best go via Flight Connections rather than landside, but usually that is quite quiet at that time. Though NCL can leave from a variety of gates, it's typically at the North end, and in which case the the BA Galleries Club North lounge - which is not my favourite it has to be said - but is conveniently en route, and you can pace yourself quite well if you are departing from gates 1 to 8. These gates are less than 5 minutes from the lounge, and so long as you are at the gate 21 minutes before departure you will make the flight. So, with an on time arrival and departure, you could just about have a swift drink. There is a Connections guide in the Dashboard to give you the full details. To save time it probably is worth a good read.

There are some gates in South which can be used for NCL, so don't count on this logic working, but if that happens obviously you'll be heading for Galleries Club South instead. Then there are 2 gates between North and South.....

I am assuming this is on one ticket, the ex DUB connection suggests perhaps not. If it is two tickets, not that you can't check luggage through and your NCL connection is not protected if DXB is delayed.

That time T5 is quite quiet, there are very few flights departing after NCL.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks both of you, I shall have a read of the connections guide. So far I've only been in T5A with European connections (done Hamburg, Madrid and a few others). I agree that I've only ever been at the north end for my Newcastle flights (A1-A8 very popular for domestics). This will be my first time outside Europe on my own (though with a friend!) since I stopped going away with the family (too old now!...).
It's all on the one ticket, I thought £418 in WT+ for DUB-LHR-DXB-LHR-NCL was too good an offer to refuse! Especially with the triple Avios promo.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Domestic departure gates are A1-A9, A11, A19, A22, and A23.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.