Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin to Ibiza overcharging on ba.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Also "Drinks and M&S food available to buy on flights to/from London Heathrow and London Gatwick" - so these DUB-IBZ flights will have free booze?
These are BACF services and they don't have BOB anywhere at the moment. Moreover I'm wondering on the logistics of services out of DUB (and indeed MAN/BHX/BRS/EDI) given they won't have a trolley supply there. They could get the second flight on the LCY trolley from flight 1, but what about flight 3 and 4?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
These are BACF services and they don't have BOB anywhere at the moment. Moreover I'm wondering on the logistics of services out of DUB (and indeed MAN/BHX/BRS/EDI) given they won't have a trolley supply there. They could get the second flight on the LCY trolley from flight 1, but what about flight 3 and 4?
Maybe everyone will be given a cuplet of water or orange juice and made to be grateful?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yup - it's one flight that I imagine there will be liberal take up on complimentary booze if it does exist!

Also, with some of the timings of the new flights using LCY flights, through the night IBZ runs etc - is there no push back from the pilots & crew? This is a major change to their standard flying hours.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Anonba
Ok but then explain why the disclosure would be needed then??
The site is not perfect at allocating costs across different flights, especially when the inbound/outbound are in different classes or featuring different airports. So there's a risk that your final ticket price is different to the sum of the two components shown, even when there's no change in availability.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 710 77345
The site is not perfect at allocating costs...
It's far from perfect.

I've just booked a return flight TXL-LCY-TXL for a midweek one-night stay two weeks from now. A number of things in the flight selection didn't make sense.

1. Outward, the Basic fare was €55 and the Plus fare €90. Since when was there such a difference between these two fares? Both booked into O.

2. When I selected Basic, the fare for the return flight was €151. When I selected Plus, the fare for the same return flight was €150 - i.e., less than the Basic fare. Both booked into N, and both showed "4 seats left at this price".

3. Choosing the Basic fares, i.e. €55 out and €151 back, the total was €215, rather than the €206 I would expect. (It always seems to be a difference of €9). I cancelled the booking, started again, chose the same flights and got the same total, still €9 more than the total of the two flights selected. Tried again, selecting the Plus fares, and the total was still €9 more than expected.

Surely, displaying fares accurately and ensuring that A+B=C is one of the most fundamental requirements of any airline's booking system. A cynic might say this is deliberate, making the flights appear cheaper than they actually are and hoping the passenger doesn't notice the extra bit added on at the end (which is covered by the small print on screen if anyone does notice), although I'm more inclined to blame crappy IT.

Last edited by Misco60; Feb 28, 2017 at 8:57 am Reason: Duplicate word
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
It's far from perfect.

I've just booked a return flight TXL-LCY-TXL for a midweek one-night stay two weeks from now. A number of things in the flight selection didn't make sense.

1. Outward, the Basic fare was €55 and the Plus fare €90. Since when was there such a difference between these two fares? Both booked into O.

2. When I selected Basic, the fare for the return flight was €151. When I selected Plus, the fare for the same return flight was €150 - i.e., less than the Basic fare. Both booked into N, and both showed "4 seats left at this price".

3. Choosing the Basic fares, i.e. €55 out and €151 back, the total was €215, rather than the €206 I would expect. (It always seems to be a difference of €9). I cancelled the booking, started again, chose the same flights and got the same total, still €9 more than the total of the two flights selected. Tried again, selecting the Plus fares, and the total was still €9 more than expected.

Surely, displaying fares accurately fares and ensuring that A+B=C is one of the most fundamental requirements of any airline's booking system. A cynic might say this is deliberate, making the flights appear cheaper than they actually are and hoping the passenger doesn't notice the extra bit added on at the end (which is covered by the small print on screen if anyone does notice), although I'm more inclined to blame crappy IT.

**Again my understanding not necessarily actuality**

Further to my previous post i think some of it is to do with the way a fare is built, that is to say its not as simple as two one ways for pricing. And that in the reservation system the fare shows as a total for the itinerary rather than splitting between flight sectors. So i think for the purposes of ba.com it is essentially just taking the total figure and spliiting between flights to give an estimated price for each
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Anonba
Further to my previous post i think some of it is to do with the way a fare is built, that is to say its not as simple as two one ways for pricing.
I understand that - it's why the cost of the return flights will change according to the outward flight selected.

But a Basic fare appearing to cost more than a Plus fare? A total which is not the sum of the two fares selected? It's incomprehensible.
Attached Images     

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.