Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Delayed EDI-LHR-LIN flight and missed connection advice please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed EDI-LHR-LIN flight and missed connection advice please.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Ooh, queue's moved, can see another couple of open desks now.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
If your still stuck in the queue, have you tried calling BA Gold line whilst your waiting.

I'm assuming this was pleasure rather than work (if the later is true, call HRG get them to sort it).
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Tiffywren
Ooh, queue's moved, can see another couple of open desks now.
Now you've been cancelled, you would of course be able to insist on a refund if you have a better option yourself.

There's an easyjet to MXP at 1555 for £85, but this will presumably have a bearing on your return arrangements too.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad
If your still stuck in the queue, have you tried calling BA Gold line whilst your waiting.

I'm assuming this was pleasure rather than work (if the later is true, call HRG get them to sort it).
It's leisure, never thought of calling the gold line... too new at this GCH stuff! Will ring them now.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:25 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Let us know the outcome !
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauldb
Now you've been cancelled, you would of course be able to insist on a refund if you have a better option yourself.

There's an easyjet to MXP at 1555 for £85, but this will presumably have a bearing on your return arrangements too.
I'm flying one way and coming back on the train but the flight is part of a BA Holiday booking. I phoned the gold line and they've reserved me a seat on the first flight to Milan in the morning just in case. Still queuing to get to Heatrow though but we've all been given a £10 voucher for Costa etc which is nice.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Still queuing to get to Heatrow though but we've all been given a £10 voucher for Costa etc which is nice.
You're being very laid back, 90 minutes to get rebooked between the two cities with the greatest number of BA services?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You're being very laid back, 90 minutes to get rebooked between the two cities with the greatest number of BA services?
I'm used to the RN mucking my life up, BA are amateurs by comparison

Some of my fellow queuers are very angry the plane's gone tech... not sure my comments about it being to find a problem on the ground than at 30,000 feet really helped...

Been queuing 2 hours now and moved 20 feet, I think there's at least another hour to the desk yet.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I'm used to the RN mucking my life up, BA are amateurs by comparison

Some of my fellow queuers are very angry the plane's gone tech... not sure my comments about it being to find a problem on the ground than at 30,000 feet really helped...

Been queuing 2 hours now and moved 20 feet, I think there's at least another hour to the desk yet.
Tiffywren, LOL!

Hope you get to your destination and have a great leave and enjoy your Costa wet and EC261 Compo when it comes
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
In the finest traditions of the Senior Service, Tiffywren, you are displaying a fine example of 'stiff upper lip'!

Best of luck, and hugs from Uncle T and iWife
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by navylad
Hope you get to your destination and have a great leave and enjoy your Costa wet and EC261 Compo when it comes
I was just puzzling the question of whether the OP would be entitled to €250 or €600. EDI-LIN is under 1,500km but EDI-LHR-LIN is over the threshold???
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:03 am
Original Poster

I'm on a bus to GLA now and flying to Milan in the morning. Haven't got a clue on the EU261 stuff, no doubt I'll be posting in that thread tomorrow!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pauldb
I was just puzzling the question of whether the OP would be entitled to €250 or €600. EDI-LIN is under 1,500km but EDI-LHR-LIN is over the threshold???
It's point to point from EDI-LIN, and as you say, that's 34 km under the 1,500 km threshold. So 250€. But, Glasgow? What a palaver.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I'm on a bus to GLA now and flying to Milan in the morning. Haven't got a clue on the EU261 stuff, no doubt I'll be posting in that thread tomorrow!
Progress!

"Yeoman, hoist Flag Papa" ...

... and I assume Tiffywren isn't wearing net stockings

Attached Images  

Last edited by T8191; Feb 27, 2017 at 8:37 am Reason: afterthought
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Rust
Too late now i guess but could they not have rerouted you on a different carrier? Plenty of other options still available which would get you there tonight from Edinburgh - there's even a BA option (admittedly to MXP)
​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.