Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can Gold have 1 guest + 7yr old into GF?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:39 am

You can of course get Gold guest list.Then you can guest 2 into the F lounge.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by rapidex
You can of course get Gold guest list.Then you can guest 2 into the F lounge.
True...although TP running from a base of 800 just for that really, really does beg insanity.

tb
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
You should definitely ask (expecting to be told 'no' of course). It really can't hurt!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Assuming the OP is gold and travelling WT/WTP, how many people can he guest into Galleries Club?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Purim
Assuming the OP is gold and travelling WT/WTP, how many people can he guest into Galleries Club?
Still just 1. Gold Card only gives you an opportunity to bring one person as your guest regardless of whether it is a GC or GF.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by trueblu
no luck with JL
The contrary would have astonished me. In Japan, every rule is basically part of the 10 Commandments!

On the broader question, if it were me, I would not ask, and would prefer people not to ask for me. I find it mildly humiliating/unnecessarily aggravating to face the rejection/explanation/walk of shame/whatever.

Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying people should never ask anything. I can do if the stakes are really important to me and/or I know that this is a small favour which has a very high chance of being granted. In this case, however, the benefit would be minimal and your chances of success are well below 10%. Not worth it IMHO.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by orbitmic
The contrary would have astonished me. In Japan, every rule is basically part of the 10 Commandments!

On the broader question, if it were me, I would not ask, and would prefer people not to ask for me. I find it mildly humiliating/unnecessarily aggravating to face the rejection/explanation/walk of shame/whatever.

Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying people should never ask anything. I can do if the stakes are really important to me and/or I know that this is a small favour which has a very high chance of being granted. In this case, however, the benefit would be minimal and your chances of success are well below 10%. Not worth it IMHO.
For me, the perspective is rather different. I don't feel the "walk of shame" -- took the no as gracefully as it was offered and agree this was not important.

Actually, on matters of import (lounge access is not), I would not jeopardise a relationship by "trying my luck" (which this sort of thing is). I can and do ask favours of friends and close colleagues, on issues that are important or unimportant. And they do of me. This is not the same sort of thing imo.

tb
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
What will happen? Family with one gold goes through the new F check in lane, where will they come out?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
What will happen? Family with one gold goes through the new F check in lane, where will they come out?
they won't. I was told that since it goes directly into the lounge, the new gold lane will only be for gold +1 guest
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by aardvarkdave
they won't. I was told that since it goes directly into the lounge, the new gold lane will only be for gold +1 guest

Interesting. Could you give more details? Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by aardvarkdave
Or 2 guests for GGL.My cristal ball tells me this might not go smoothly.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by trueblu
True...although TP running from a base of 800 just for that really, really does beg insanity.

tb
This might be the wrong forum for linking tier points and sanity
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
What are the dates, you never know, someone on here might be freindly and guest one of you in
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by rapidex
This might be the wrong forum for linking tier points and sanity
My sentiments exactly!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
So just to show what the 'competition ' allow ... KLM /AF allow this ...." Flying Blue Platinum members can take their children aged 0-18 for free into the KLM Crown Lounges at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol when they are travelling on the same flight. Platinum members travelling on the same flight with their children aged 18-24 receive a discounted access rate of €15 or 2,500 Miles per child. "

So BA Gold members are not allowed anything like this ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.