Wiki Posts
Search

LHR >> HKG 777 in F

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
LHR >> HKG 777 in F

So I have had another of those little pieces of good fortune whereby, when our PA came to book my trip to HKG, the outbound leg had a seat in F somehow available for less than the seats in J. Don't know how they swing that. Slightly afraid to ask in case I break the spell haha.

This time it's on the later flight in a 777 (last time had the spanking new 380). Is there a marked difference in service? Or will this be a refurbed plane these days? I ask because I also flew, with my wife, in F on a creaky old 747 out to Dubai last year and it definitely wasn't up to the standard of that first trip. Essentially a very nice J

Not that I am complaining mind - this is very much a first world problem.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
When you do seat selection, how many seats are there in the F cabin?

If it's 14, then you'll have the newer IFE. If it's 12 then you'll have the old one (that I find unwatchable).

Service standard should be the same regardless
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:13 am

BA27 is now almost always on a 777-300ER with the new cabins.

The F seat is much better than the pretty awful offering on the 747s. J is a bit of a flying dormitory though if that's your return.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
4 rows, 14 seats by the looks of things. So probably the new cabin. 1K should be a decent seat.

And J in the 380 on the way back so I am trying out the top deck middle 'E' seat for a bit of a change.

As always thanks for the info...
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Whilst some people are very fixated on Row 1 (1A/1K), which are normally reserved for BAEC Gold, there is a sizeable contingent who rate Row 2 as better in the 777 First cabin - Row 1 can get some light & noise from the galley and the loo...better on a 773 as there isn't a forward loo (I don't think); whereas on the 772 there is...

It's not going to make it a bad flight either way, but given it's a long night flight you might elect away from Row 1 given the choice...

The exception is that on the 12F 772 1K can be extremely quiet as there is very little aisle traffic that side of the aircraft

Anyway...we are really splitting hairs now - enjoy the flight - it's still a nice step up from Club World
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I was on 773 in 1A a couple of days ago, new IFE and toilet at the back of the cabin, so not much foot traffic. there wasn't too much light leaking from the galley, but there was a little lamp above the curtain - if you're light sensitive, go for 2A/K then.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by Pascoe
So I have had another of those little pieces of good fortune whereby, when our PA came to book my trip to HKG, the outbound leg had a seat in F somehow available for less than the seats in J. Don't know how they swing that. Slightly afraid to ask in case I break the spell haha.

This time it's on the later flight in a 777 (last time had the spanking new 380). Is there a marked difference in service? Or will this be a refurbed plane these days? I ask because I also flew, with my wife, in F on a creaky old 747 out to Dubai last year and it definitely wasn't up to the standard of that first trip. Essentially a very nice J

Not that I am complaining mind - this is very much a first world problem.
The service should be the same.

The F cabin on the 777-300 is good, but no way near as spacious and private as on the A380. The IFE is the same I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.