Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA baggage handlers told to stop urinating in aircraft hold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA baggage handlers told to stop urinating in aircraft hold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: Mucci - Diamond Hairbrush
The baggage handlers should hold in the wee, rather than wee in the hold!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Statusless Person
The baggage handlers should hold in the wee, rather than wee in the hold!
So you're saying it's the instruction that wasn't clear. Damnit Alex Cruz!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:53 am

The Sun article was penned by Nick Pisa.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
They're just taking the p*ss

Anyone else annoyed that they're talking about 747s but show an A320 (Sun Article)?!?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:29 am

Anybody know how much BA propose to charge to opt not to have your luggage pissed on?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
IMO, tt's not so unbelievable. Deep down people are disgusting. People relieve themselves all the times in pools. At a large university, there was a sign on the toilet asking students to sh** into the toilet and not next to it. During renovations I found a small children's bucket I found a "present" left by a worker: A big pile of sh** toped with a little water. The portable toilet was just a couple of ft. away...

I doubt however that baggage handlers systematically pee in the hold. There's probably a few black sheep, but nothing systematic.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:24 am

As a Heathrow based Aircraft Dispatcher, and very much part of "Ramp Operations", I can tell you there is absolutely not one grain of truth in this ridiculous "news" story. The staff have access to staff or passenger toilets absolutely everywhere at the airport and, if the worst came to the worst, they would come and ask the crew if they could use the aeroplane toilets. We consider access to toilet facilities, and access to drinking water, a basic human right regardless of how busy we are and British Airways, for all its faults, would never refuse its staff either.

Maybe somewhere "down route" staff have been asked not to piddle in the aircraft hold - I really couldn't say - but is that really newsworthy?

There are plenty of "Heathrow Stories", as I'm sure you can imagine. One, going back a few years to the 1970's (when having a pint of beer at work was considered normal) a Lufthansa container arrived in the cargo sheds which had clearly been used by someone "caught short". Without a word to anyone, two warehouse lads simply obtained a can of Jeyes Fluid and cleaned it out. When this reached the ears of the warehouse manager, he gave the boys a can of beer each for their trouble, and the Lufthansa station manager sent a case of German beer round by way of apology - so legend has it!

One thing is for certain, BA management will be keen to discover how this story leaked........................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.