Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge when transit at LGW

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Lounge when transit at LGW

I'm arriving into LGW on a BA F flight but leaving on a FlyBe flight. Am Silver. Can I use the lounge?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:08 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
No, FlyBe is not a oneworld airline.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Wonder where the OP is heading with flybe

Is it all one ticket and is your NQY sector on a BA flight number ?

cs
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Nope - lounge access is always predicated on the departing ticket (in this case, a non-OneWorld Flybe ticket...)

The only exceptions I know of are the LHR T5 arrivals lounge (and other OneWorld arrivals lounges elsewhere - though not at LGW), and the fact that when transiting LHR from an arriving flight in First to a departing flight on the same ticket in Club Europe / Club World, it is possible to access the Concorde Room

So, bad luck...
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Thanks all!
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Originally Posted by ratypus
Nope - lounge access is always predicated on the departing ticket (in this case, a non-OneWorld Flybe ticket...)

The only exceptions I know of are the LHR T5 arrivals lounge (and other OneWorld arrivals lounges elsewhere - though not at LGW), and the fact that when transiting LHR from an arriving flight in First to a departing flight on the same ticket in Club Europe / Club World, it is possible to access the Concorde Room

So, bad luck...
not strictly true.

If if you are connecting to or from a short haul flight (any class) from or to a long haul J or F then you can use the J or F lounge before the short haul - as long as they are both Oneworld. Can be separate tickets.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
not strictly true.

If if you are connecting to or from a short haul flight (any class) from or to a long haul J or F then you can use the J or F lounge before the short haul - as long as they are both Oneworld. Can be separate tickets.
Same result for OP though 🙁
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If it was a BA codeshare on Flybe, and the traveller is BA Gold then there would be access on a 125 ticket.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:19 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by ratypus

So, bad luck...
Not correct. Arriving on a oneworld flight in J/F and connecting to a short haul oneworld flight in any class allows J/F oneworld lounge access. See the oneworld website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.