Search

WTP+ upgrade To Club World Both Legs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Exec Club
WTP+ upgrade To Club World Both Legs

Selling class is now "U" on both legs, I paid full cash for this, should this be an issue of any sort? According to this FT post this is a miles redemption bracket and I will not get any Avios, TP's and could get bump as a non paying customer. I paid in cash for the ticket and upgraded, in cash.

Flight is ticketed
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
So you booked a cash WT+ ticket which you then upgraded to Club World presumably using Avios? If that is the case then U is correct but you will earn TPs and Avios based on the underlying commercial fare (W, E or T as appropriate). Nothing to worry about!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

No, I paid cash on the ticket and paid cash to upgrade.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Also out of interest I wanted to see the price for F
I assume after upgrading 1 class you can't go any further?

It just errors out.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I also cannot choose a seat. I am thinking they have messed it up.

"Seat choices are only available at check-in."
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Depends. If you don't have status, this is correct.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Does it not even give you the option to pay.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by OSIModel
That it should...
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

However it might not have ticketed which can break the seat assignment process.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Is there a re issued ticket there? If so I would make a quick phone call just to check the "U class" situation, as you should definitely be entitled to the CW TP's and avios on a cash upgrade. If not, at this stage I really wouldn't worry until a few days before travel if this hasn't appeared.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Is there a re issued ticket there? If so I would make a quick phone call just to check the "U class" situation, as you should definitely be entitled to the CW TP's and avios on a cash upgrade. If not, at this stage I really wouldn't worry until a few days before travel if this hasn't appeared.
It was all ready ticketed and still is on Armadaus. I do not know If it has been re-issued as I do not know how to check
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:53 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Isn't U the POUG bucket for CW now?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Isn't U the POUG bucket for CW now?
yup, its all the same, however if its a cash upgrade it will give the relevant TP's and Avios
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by OSIModel
I think this will fix itself, if it hasn't already. I upgraded a flight for my partner a couple of days ago and upon logging in to her account to check the seating saw a similar message.

I only upgraded the flight in one direction - seat selection was available for the non-upgraded direction, but not for the upgraded legs (so maybe not a reticketing problem as such, but just related to internal confirmation of the changes?). Anyway, 8 hours later I logged in again, and all was back to normal (offering seat selection on all legs at the usual BA prices - just have to call up now to do the TCP thing).
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by GinFizz
I only upgraded the flight in one direction - seat selection was available for the non-upgraded direction, but not for the upgraded legs (so maybe not a reticketing problem as such, but just related to internal confirmation of the changes?). Anyway, 8 hours later I logged in again, and all was back to normal (offering seat selection on all legs at the usual BA prices - just have to call up now to do the TCP thing).
I suspect that the reason is something like this: If you upgrade (for example) the outbound flight but not the inbound flight, then the agent doing the upgrade will "pull" the ticket "coupon" for the flight that's been upgraded but will leave the other coupon in place. So immediately afterwards, you have reservations for both sectors, but only a ticket for the inbound (non-upgraded) flight. Therefore you can still select a seat on the ticketed flight, but you can't select a seat on the unticketed (upgraded) flight. But as soon as the new ticket is issued (which will normally be a new ticket covering all sectors of the trip), then seat selection is restored for the entire trip.

The OP is very probably still waiting for ticket re-issue, and having upgraded both sectors currently has no ticket for either sector which means no seat selection even for payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.