Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do you earn TP on QF flights operated by Emirates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold

There are great fares to BKK & SIN on QF via DXB. The second leg is operated by Emirates. Do you get TP on the second flight? In other words a QF ticketed LHR-DXB-BKK in J, with DXB-BKK on EK metal but ticketed as QF flight, do you earn 140 or 280 TP?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps

The info you require is in the very last part.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Airprox
The info you require is in the very last part.
As well as numerous existing threads here on FT!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by irishguy28
As well as numerous existing threads here on FT!
Indeed, but we aren't allowed to just direct people to the welath of information in the BAEC FT Dashboard these days, it's considered poor form. Particularly for new posters who have only been on FT for a few years
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
The table may not be very clear for someone. But the answer is yes, Emirates flights on QF flight numbers collect avios and TP.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Admittedly this question is asked frequently so is it worth creating a grand thread of QF/EK questions or something in a FAQ so it's easily searchable?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by obduro
Admittedly this question is asked frequently so is it worth creating a grand thread of QF/EK questions or something in a FAQ so it's easily searchable?
....or a guide on how to 'search this forum'. Admittedly the search function isn't great but by putting 'TP QF Emirates' into the search function, (three key words out of the OP's thread title) numerous previous threads are revealed.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Indeed it is true but I fear this method may be closed soon. More and more people know about it and surely it must detract from BA spend? Who'd choose BA over EK?!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by londonfog
There are great fares to BKK & SIN on QF via DXB. The second leg is operated by Emirates. Do you get TP on the second flight? In other words a QF ticketed LHR-DXB-BKK in J, with DXB-BKK on EK metal but ticketed as QF flight, do you earn 140 or 280 TP?
Hi there

What sort of prices were you able to find?

Cheers
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:26 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by gav0106
Hi there

What sort of prices were you able to find?

Cheers
J is usually around £1700, and F is usually around £3,200 to BKK.

SIN is usually circa £2,000 in J, and £3,600 in F (if you take the day flight).

M
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
I have always known that you could earn on QF to australia via DXB but.....

I have always wondered if there was any ex-EU routes/nice pricing where this is worth it?

Even for emirates J or F the pricing from London has never been worth it for me
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by gcuk
....or a guide on how to 'search this forum'. Admittedly the search function isn't great but by putting 'TP QF Emirates' into the search function, (three key words out of the OP's thread title) numerous previous threads are revealed.
Agree, thought something in the Dashboard/FAQ would be an option as where it's most new posters go first.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:07 am

I've been looking at EK for a trip to Oz, possibly with a stop in SIN or maybe even Dubai (not a fan of the place myself but the wife's never been). For a family of three it works out around £8.5K compared with about £20K on pretty much every other airline including all OW.
I can't get it to price up at a decent amount on QF at all. The only reason I'd do this is to get TP as EK have slopey seats on most of the legs. Without TP/Avios I'd be just as well using Vietnam Airlines for half the £££ (which I'm still tempted to do anyway).

Are there any tricks I don't know about here? What's the best way to get a decent price on QF tickets?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Start ex-EU.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: EK Gold; BA Silver; GF Silver; HH Diamond, SPG Plat; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ppp909
I've been looking at EK for a trip to Oz, possibly with a stop in SIN or maybe even Dubai (not a fan of the place myself but the wife's never been). For a family of three it works out around £8.5K compared with about £20K on pretty much every other airline including all OW.
I can't get it to price up at a decent amount on QF at all. The only reason I'd do this is to get TP as EK have slopey seats on most of the legs. Without TP/Avios I'd be just as well using Vietnam Airlines for half the £££ (which I'm still tempted to do anyway).

Are there any tricks I don't know about here? What's the best way to get a decent price on QF tickets?
1. Start EU and go with BA.

2. Book EK flights but credit to QF Frequent Flyer, and gain/maintain OW status via QF. Full pro's and con's depend on your overall flying pattern.

3. Vietnam are actually very good - new dreamliners all the way to Oz. I got a J return for £1650 from LHR to MEL. Great crew, food terrific, short transfer time on the way out, day in SGN on the way back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.