Heathrow Connections

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: N/A
Unhappy Heathrow Connections

Hi Everyone,

Completely new to this website!

I am flying to San Francisco in April this year and my flight has a connection on a flight arriving from Manchester (UK) into Heathrow Terminal 5, Apparently the A380 which I will be flying on only parks at T5C?

My Manchester flight arrives in at Heathrow at 13:10 and San Francisco flight at 14:10, According to British Airways this is a legal connection time? Has anyone ever managed to do this before? I am nervous that I wont make my connecting flight on time!

What is security line like at this time of day? As a feel this will take up most of the hour i have to connect!

Thank you!!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:35 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk, doorbar!

We are going to move this thread to the British Airways forum where you are more likely to receive a response.

Happy Travels.

Cholula
CommunityBuzz! Co-Moderator
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
yes it is a legal connection and many, many people do such transits every day of the week and in a lot quicker than an hour.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I've never had such a short connection time from domestic before, I expect delays on the domestic legs now

However, the good news is that you do not need to go through security again, you walk right into the terminal after they check your boarding pass.

If your flight is on time, it will be a very smooth connection, off the plane - T5C - back on the plane.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
You don't need to go through security when arriving off a domestic flight so you'll just go straight to the gate
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by doorbar
Hi Everyone,

Completely new to this website!

I am flying to San Francisco in April this year and my flight has a connection on a flight arriving from Manchester (UK) into Heathrow Terminal 5, Apparently the A380 which I will be flying on only parks at T5C?

My Manchester flight arrives in at Heathrow at 13:10 and San Francisco flight at 14:10, According to British Airways this is a legal connection time? Has anyone ever managed to do this before? I am nervous that I wont make my connecting flight on time!

What is security line like at this time of day? As a feel this will take up most of the hour i have to connect!

Thank you!!
Providing the flight is on time, this is achievable, however, in any case, it will be BA's responsibility to put you on the next flight if you don't.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:47 am

I frequently do the 1hr connections at T5. If your inbound is on time, you will have plenty time as connecting from a domestic is the easiest transfer at T5. Arguably easier than departing from T5 itself
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
1 hour is perfectly fine, and you would easily be able to do the connection even if 15-20 minutes late. No security as noted at LHR. There is a T5 connection guide on here, link in my signature.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 3:43 pm

This sounds doable
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Definitely doable.

You'll more than likely land at T5A [redaction]. Disembark the plane, head to escalator between gates A14 and A15 (of you can use the elevator), hop on a train to T5C (and use the elevator to go up, it's way quicker).

It'll take you about 12mins total.

If your domestic flight is delayed you'll be booked onto the next SFO one.

Heathrow has a pretty good map - http://www.heathrow.com/airport-guid...w/airport-maps - but it'll prob look confusing if you're not familiar with the place.

Oh, and the numbering system at T5C is bizarrely signed, so take it with a pinch of salt, you might find yourself walking in circles.

Last edited by mmxbreaks; Jan 31, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
You'll more than likely land at T5A (sometimes not).
For a domestic flight you will arrive at a stand at the north end of T5A, or if you park on a remote stand you will be bussed to a door just under gate A2. You would definitely not enter the terminal anywhere else other than the north end of T5A.

Last edited by KARFA; Jan 31, 2017 at 5:02 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:00 pm

On arrival follow signs for connections T5, your boarding pass will be scanned.

Look at Heathrow.com for the maps. You will enter the departures level between Boots (no 2) and Thomas Pink (no 3). Turn right and walk towards the transit train to T5C.

You have enough time for the connection but no real leeway for shopping/toilet breaks etc at LHR.

Keep everyone moving.

There is a duty free and a few shops at T5C if you have time to spare.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: N/A
OMG, Thanks Guys for this!

So No security checks at all? Becuase some pages and Heathrows website I will have to go through Security again? But this has made it a little less stressful

I was told to have my boarding pass checked and then up some escalators to security?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by doorbar
OMG, Thanks Guys for this!

So No security checks at all? Becuase some pages and Heathrows website I will have to go through Security again? But this has made it a little less stressful

I was told to have my boarding pass checked and then up some escalators to security?
No security if you aware doing a T5-T5 DOM-INT connection. Details in the guide linked to in my signature.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
KARFA, can't see your signature?

Anyway yes, off the aircraft, follow the purple signs, get your boarding pass scanned, up the escalator, turn right and follow the signs to C52-C66 (double check the gate first though!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.