Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Winter 2017 schedule - when is it confirmed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver

I was looking at flights today from Scotland to Gatwick on Boxing Day. There only seem to be two flights - one after 1300 and one around 2000, neither of which make connections possible. Is it possible or at all likely that there will be more flights added over coming months or will that be it?

I'd like to know as soon as possible rather than hold out false hope.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Such flights are more likely to be trimmed rather than added.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The domestics, especially LGW are light on 26/12 always

How about LHR otherwise is going from EDI any better timing wise ?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Such flights are more likely to be trimmed rather than added.
I can't see them trimming down beyond the two that are showing, after all the trains don't run on Boxing Day so this will also create some demand to offset the fact that it's a quieter day.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
The domestics, especially LGW are light on 26/12 always

How about LHR otherwise is going from EDI any better timing wise ?

Edinburgh is no better and the connection goes out of Gatwick. I wouldn't chose to transfer between LHR and LGW with luggage on Boxing Day. If there are no more flights likely I'll book with someone other than BA which isn't a problem. Just trying to work out if it was worth waiting to see.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by layz
I can't see them trimming down beyond the two that are showing, after all the trains don't run on Boxing Day so this will also create some demand to offset the fact that it's a quieter day.
The trains don't run, so getting to Gatwick is much harder (and probably to Glasgow airport too). This decreases demand, likely more than removing the long distance train option from the few who strongly wish to travel that day. Business travel is also close to nil.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:49 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
Your other option is to wait till EZY confirm their winter schedule and see if they have a flight that would allow you to self connect. This is risky tho if you are delayed by weather etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.