Wiki Posts
Search

BA High Life Duty Free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
BA High Life Duty Free

I'm looking to get some duty free through High Life Shop online. Is it possible to get it delivered to me ex JER? If not, are BA still selling DF onboard ex JER? If so, anyone know how much a large JD or Bacardi bottle would be?

Cheers
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Alcohol is only available for onboard delivery.

Jersey is not on the flight list for onboard delivery, so no you can't buy it

https://www.highlifeshop.com/content...board-delivery
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by RJD1983
Is it possible to get it delivered to me ex JER?
IIRC, there's a drop-down box on the pre-order page which lists all the flights on which you can have purchases delivered. That might be a quick way of finding out for sure. If JER-LGW is not listed, then obviously you won't be able to ask for a delivery on that flight.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Highlife Duty Free
"Please note that onboard delivery is not available for short haul flights and for some long haul flights"
That'll be a no then.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
LGW-JER is too short for them to contemplate any sort of duty free service.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC
From what I recall, the duty free shop in JER is reasonable anyway, so I wouldn't worry about not being able to buy/collect on board.

That flight is really short anyway, and with the new BoB, I can't see there being any time for "extra" sales being made.

http://jer.worlddutyfree.com/jer_en/...ueurs/rum.html
http://jer.worlddutyfree.com/jer_en/...1-litre-2.html
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Many thanks everyone. I remember years ago, BA doing duty free on the LGW-JER route. Their High Life Shop prices are pretty good for alcohol.

I looked at the Jersey WDF website, and to be honest, it's more expensive than buying in the shops in Jersey. In fact, Tesco is selling 1L of JD for £25...

Are you sure that the Jersey WDF website is actually showing Jersey instore price, and not UK-EU prices??? I'm sure they are.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I looked at the Jersey WDF website, and to be honest, it's more expensive than buying in the shops in Jersey. In fact, Tesco is selling 1L of JD for £25...
To be frank, a lot of airport duty free shops (around the world, not just the UK) are like this. I now usually use airport shops for convenience rather than for price.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
For 1L of Jack, BA Highlife is usually £20 but can often be got for £18 when a 10% off pre-order discount is available.

From memory, WDF at Heathrow (and guessing the others) is normally £26 (non EU), which is more than most supermarkets.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum

Are you sure that the Jersey WDF website is actually showing Jersey instore price, and not UK-EU prices??? I'm sure they are.
I know this route and Jersey very well. Except in sales/run up to Christmas offers (UK or Jersey), WDF is cheaper than Jersey stores. I know that from direct comparisons with Waitrose, Channel Islands Co-op and the wine store in the market and other independents.

I buy duty free at the Jersey Airport WDF and on Condor ferries because they are cheaper than the Jersey stores.

I am not sure how a comparison could come out favouring on island stores or exactly where Tesco Jersey is physically - as far as I know Tesco has no store as such in Jersey. I also presume the price comparison is between litre bottles sold in duty shops and the same quantity for the island shops?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I don't remember BA ever selling duty free on the JER-LON routes 15-17 years ago. I do know that Jersey European (now Flybe) used to on rheir LGW and LCY flights and I recall Aurigny selling duty free on an inter island hop to Guernsey on a Shorts 360.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

I meant Tesco in the UK. But there is a "Tesco" now in Jersey, which is not really Tesco. They just stock Tesco branded products that are 20-40% more expensive compared to the UK. It's opposite Green Street Carpark/Behind the Thomas Cook shop.

Thanks everyone.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I meant Tesco in the UK. But there is a "Tesco" now in Jersey, which is not really Tesco. They just stock Tesco branded products that are 20-40% more expensive compared to the UK. It's opposite Green Street Carpark/Behind the Thomas Cook shop.

Thanks everyone.
Is there really a demand for Tesco products at higher than Waitrose prices?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

There must be a demand, because whenever I go by it, it's always busy. I don't go to Waitrose because it's far too expensive, and they don't have a great selection of food. Grand Marche in Town is great for me! Cheaper, and larger selection of everything.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ianwall
For 1L of Jack, BA Highlife is usually £20 but can often be got for £18 when a 10% off pre-order discount is available.
Code HFEB10 is currently giving 10% off pre-orders of all spirits at www.highlifeshop.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.