Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TLV Steimatsky vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:55 am
Original Poster

TLV Steimatsky vouchers

Does anybody know whether there has been a change in policy in the issue of Steimatsky vouchers at checkin in TLV. They always used to offer a voucher for a daily paper to Y passengers and a voucher worth 20 Shekels to exchange for a magazine for those travelling C. Before the period when they stopped the F service the voucher for F was for a higher value, I can't recall exactly how much. All three voucher were different colours.

We travelled F at the end of last March when the F service had just been reintroduced and received the 20 Shekel C voucher and were told there was no higher value F voucher. During the summer and autumn we have travelled Y and haven't requested the vouchers but last week my wife, and son, flying C on separate flights were handed the Y voucher and didn't realise this till later.

Why does the difference matter? Well we always used to collect the C/F vouchers and then use a number together to buy a book at the Steimatsky shop. So has there been a change of policy or did checkin staff just make a mistake on the two occasions last week?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
I have never had this on my numerous flights to TLV over the last 2/3 years
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Also never received (or heard about) these vouchers.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:52 am

Nor I. I get a voucher for the lounge at checkin and also a BP as TLV is not app enabled.
Also the security interview is faster at the BA J checkin than at the combined HBO security bit to the right of the entry to the sterile area.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Why are you complaining? This was an enhancement to the service
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by stewaran
I have never had this on my numerous flights to TLV over the last 2/3 years
Me neither. Could OP be a bit more time specific about what is meant by 'used to'? In fairness I usually fly HBO so don't stop at check in desks but I have done in a couple of my many TLV trips in both WT and CW and never been offered anything of the sort.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:10 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
This sounds more like something El Al would offer, but I haven't flown with them for over 10 years, so cannot comment further.

M
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:34 am
Original Poster

They have been offering these vouchers for over five years (long before the flights moved to and from LHR T1, though when I say offering in recent times you had to ASK for the "Steimatsky vouchers". The last time we got them was at the end of March 2016 though, as I said before, we have only travelled Y since then until my wife and son about a week ago.

As they were only offered, recently, if you asked for them if you knew nothing you missed out. So maybe the C vouchers have got enhanced away since last March before many of you even knew about them or maybe they are still there but few at checkin know about it.

Maybe the TLV regulars, when they read this post, will have more information. I did send an email to customer services for information but am not holding my breadth for a useful reply.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Just had email from customer relations who say they have requested information from TLV. I will post when I receive this.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by We won the world cup
though when I say offering in recent times you had to ASK for the "Steimatsky vouchers".

[...]

Maybe the TLV regulars, when they read this post, will have more information. I did send an email to customer services for information but am not holding my breadth for a useful reply.
I think you can replace 'TLV regulars' by 'people in the know'. I've done a good 20 of those flights about 1/3 in J 2/3 in Y so I'm not exactly a one-off user, and I think that if BA were giving something on a 'ask only' basis, rather than offering it to all eligible passengers, it is truly bad form.

Clearly, from the thread, I'm not the only GGL J pax who will have missed on that and was blatantly unaware (and could not have guessed) of something I would have gladly welcome on many a trip, and if 'knowing to ask' is the only criterion of attribution, that sounds like an incredibly poor one to me.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by We won the world cup
Just had email from customer relations who say they have requested information from TLV. I will post when I receive this.
I'd lay odds that it'll be enhanced now you've brought it to their attention
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:58 am
Original Poster

There clearly was a time when they freely offered these vouchers as, otherwise, we would never have found out about it. It was in more recent times that you had to ask which they blamed on staff training. The voucher which they are certainly still offering, for a local newspaper, is clearly of only limited interest to those on this board.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
This seems to be hit and miss. I used to be proactively offered this regardless of class of travel, presumably as a GCH. I've asked for it once or twice when I've remembered and been given it, but that was a while back... so following this with interest!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:13 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Seems a weird thing for BA to have offered to all customers (although it seems they didn't offer them to all!).

Not really a surprise to hear that they are being cut back. I am guessing all parts of BA have had a directive to cut costs one way or another. Seems an easy one to cut.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've missed out too, never heard of it, but as a HBO in CW that may explain it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.