Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA Routes: London Heathrow (LHR) to Santiago de Chile (SCL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BA Routes: London Heathrow (LHR) to Santiago de Chile (SCL)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Fantastic report
Cant wait till Easter to try this out
It is Bizarre the way BA dont big up their new routes; they really seem to have lost their mojo!
How full was the flight?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Brilliant report c-w-s, thank you, I'll be adding Chile to my list of countries to visit
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Great to see it's Louis Roederer on free pour. I'm sure some (most!) FTers will enjoy that.

Thanks c-w-s

Last edited by krispy84; Jan 18, 2017 at 2:32 am Reason: Clarity
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Fantastic report!

The reference to a long 787 WT trip being a "uniquely character building experience" particulary made me chuckle
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Very interesting & nice report. I have yet to explore anywhere in South America, and based on this SCL really should be high on my list when I eventually do go.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:43 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
A very hearty +1 from me!

Many thanks corporate-wage-slave.
Also thanks from me - fantastic detail both for someone with an interest in the destination, and someone who needs to know the facilities available (and for the avgeeks here on FT, of course, but that goes without saying).

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I will highlight that a long WT sector on a 787 is going to be a uniquely character building episode.
This almost made me choke on my coffee. Ever the master of understatement, corporate-wage-slave (edit- I see obduro has already noted this)
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze
What an absolutely fantastic report.

I'm off to SCL in June, in F, on a 2-4-1! You guide has been a fantastic read - thank you!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Magnificent report, thank you
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Great TR there corporate-wage-slave and a fantastic reference for readers here ^

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Having a sausage full of meat, rather than gristle, was unusual, never mind the garlic! Muesli then "English".
A properly cooked one too and I would imagine HIDDY will be happy to read about that.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
A phenomenal TR.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Brilliant. I'm actually flying to SCL tomorrow for the first time (from the states) so I'm extremely grateful for your ATM and transportation on arrival information.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
A great report thank you.

Anyone thinking of going, do it - I has an 8 day trip a few years ago, managed snowboarding, the beach, 3 days work, visit to Neruda's house and some fabulous wine.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:36 am

Excellent report again CWS and my apologies for not being able to join you on the flight.

As a bit of trivial knowledge for everyone, the building in the first photo is infact the tallest building in South America.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
CWS & Calum - that area of Santiago is known as Sanhattan. A rather odd moniker as it has only one skyscraper - even if it is quite impressive! Doc Copper
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
CWS & Calum - that area of Santiago is known as Sanhattan. A rather odd moniker as it has only one skyscraper - even if it is quite impressive! Doc Copper
I went up the observation deck last year, the views are stunning. I would recommend it to anyone visiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.