Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Time for new status to be issued? [with two week extension agreed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, I couldn't see an answer...

Last year I just missed re-qualifying for silver with 565 points (end collection date was the 8th December 2016).

In the two weeks after 8th December I earned 45 Tier Points.

I called the Executive Club on 17th December and asked for 40 of the tier points to be credited to my last collection year so I would achieve Silver. I was helped through the process and told that I would re-qualify for Silver until 31st Jan 2018.

When I sign into ba.com it still shows my silver card expiry date as 31st Jan 2017. I also still see the 45TPs credited to the new TP collection year.

Does it take them a while to re-issue/update this information or is there a chance that they've not applied the change correctly?

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
1. These things aren't instant!

2. Have a look on your BAEC home page ... Manage My Account/Executive Club Items/ and see what that tells you. It may indicate items are being despatched, or something like that.

3. Otherwise call again!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate these things aren't instant but nearly three weeks seems reasonable to me.

Thanks for the tip about Exec Club items, I'd forgotten about that page.
"11 Dec 2016 Downgrade To Exec Bronze Fulfilled" is the most recent entry there.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I'd call again, 3 weeks is reasonable to chase, although bare in mind that the number of working days during this period was less.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by CloudGazer
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate these things aren't instant but nearly three weeks seems reasonable to me.

"11 Dec 2016 Downgrade To Exec Bronze Fulfilled" is the most recent entry there.
Oh dear.
We shall talk to you still, as a valued member of BAEC, and best wishes for your pending phone call

Do, please, report back. It adds to the collective 'wisdom'.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Quick update. I spoke to the BAEC when I called about something else.
  • I've been assured again that everything is fine and I'll have Silver for another 12+ months
  • BAEC re-ordered my silver card for me but said it hadn't been done already because the bronze downgrade had not yet been fulfilled. (didn't make sense to me!)
  • BA online/App still shows an expiry of 31 Jan 2017
  • BA online/App still shows all this years TPs (would have expected some to have been applied to last year)
  • An order in Exec Club items reads "10 Jan 2017 - Replacement Executive Club Silver card - Pending"

Will update when/if a new card comes through with details
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze
My silver renewal took 5+ weeks without any extensions or status changes, a lot longer than the year before.
I assume the department that deals with those things had been severely enhanced along with everything else.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
[*]BA online/App still shows all this years TPs (would have expected some to have been applied to last year)
Reports on this process indicate that the TPs credit normally and are then manually removed on some geological time scale.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Quick update. I spoke to the BAEC when I called about something else.
  • I've been assured again that everything is fine and I'll have Silver for another 12+ months
  • BAEC re-ordered my silver card for me but said it hadn't been done already because the bronze downgrade had not yet been fulfilled. (didn't make sense to me!)
  • BA online/App still shows an expiry of 31 Jan 2017
  • BA online/App still shows all this years TPs (would have expected some to have been applied to last year)
  • An order in Exec Club items reads "10 Jan 2017 - Replacement Executive Club Silver card - Pending"

Will update when/if a new card comes through with details
I awaiting an extension to keep gold to come through. In my case the relevant flights were taken three days after my collection date but didn't post until 31st due to need to do two missing Avios and TP claim requests.

When they posted I called gold line and first agent confirmed everything was ok. Nothing happened that I could see so I asked another agent on a subsequent unrelated call to check what was happening. He told me it goes to two other sections after being referred by the call agents for approval. He phoned the relevant sections and assured me everything is ok. My concern is I have flights on 1st Feb so won't have chance to get it sorted if it has not been done by then.

As I understand it, new year TPs applied to old year will be removed by an account adjustment. Card expiry date does not change until new year (i.e. 1st Feb for OP and me). Exec Club items is usually a good check. However, I am not sure if what the OP is seeing for silver is the agent's request showing as a duplicate of current card which is about to expire. Normally you see renewal pack or downgrade pending then completed at year end roll over.

I am in same boat as OP. I've had plenty of assurances that everything is ok, but no evidence on my account that the renewal has been actioned. Am I missing anything? Is there anything else I can do?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
To update this since my last post, I have now received an email from BA confirming that they are renewing my gold for another year on the basis of the transactions in the extension period. The email quotes a case reference which I had not seen before. If the OP has heard nothing, asking an agent to find this may be useful for chasing up.

My account still shows TPs for flights in extension period that were used to renew my status. I expect these will be removed by an account adjustment shortly. My card still shows old year expiry date. This is as expected as this only changes when the new card year starts.

Provided BA action the content of their email, my renewal seems to be resolved. Hope this information on the process assists the OP, if help and advise is still needed.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:25 am
Original Poster

An update

Today is my new membership year. I dropped back to Bronze as I was assured wouldn't happen on all three phone calls I've made to the Executive Club.

My email (web contact form) from 30th December remains unanswered.

I called the EC team again a few minutes ago, well someone in a call centre who proxied my conversation with the EC team. I've been assured once again that I will be re-instated with Silver by tonight and that I will receive email confirmation of this tomorrow.

Because I'm travelling next Monday and am not convinced that the issue will really get resolved I asked for some kind of written confirmation. An email or a note on the PNR for next week's flight. They were unable or unwilling to do this. I was however assured that I'm a highly valued customer several times.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold

It may yet change back to silver but phone and chase if you think You've waited long enough
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GadgetGal
It may yet change back to silver but phone and chase if you think You've waited long enough
Please see the later post from 15th Jan.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Ritz-Carlton Gold
An update

Today is my new membership year. I dropped back to Bronze as I was assured wouldn't happen on all three phone calls I've made to the Executive Club.

My email (web contact form) from 30th December remains unanswered.

I called the EC team again a few minutes ago, well someone in a call centre who proxied my conversation with the EC team. I've been assured once again that I will be re-instated with Silver by tonight and that I will receive email confirmation of this tomorrow.

Because I'm travelling next Monday and am not convinced that the issue will really get resolved I asked for some kind of written confirmation. An email or a note on the PNR for next week's flight. They were unable or unwilling to do this. I was however assured that I'm a highly valued customer several times.
Something nearly identical happened to me. Despite assurances to the contrary I dropped to Silver for about 12 hours before I was again promoted to Gold. On the plus side my Gold expiry date is 2018 instead of 2017, giving me an extra year of status. So I have that going for me. Which is nice.

Last edited by thephirm; Feb 2, 2017 at 6:50 pm
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:55 am
Original Poster

I'm happy (and slightly surprised) to report that this has been resolved now.

As with thephirm the expiry date of the card is 12 months later than expected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.