Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why now LPA-MAD route change in TP earns?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Perhaps contact BA Executive Club here on FT to highlight the discrepancy - agents, even GGL ones, aren't necessarily going to question the calculator.
Calchas likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Perhaps contact BA Executive Club here on FT to highlight the discrepancy - agents, even GGL ones, aren't necessarily going to question the calculator.
To be fair to the GGL team last time I questioned a TP earning for a route about a year ago they did take my question on board and did discuss it with the relevant team before providing an answer. Hopefully the OP will get a better answer than just the calculator says 20 so that must be right.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IB PLATINO, AB GOLD, HH DIAMOND
After few emails and calls, the situation has came back to normality. Now the earnig calculator show the right information and all the TP back to my account.
Calchas likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by PLATINOIB
After few emails and calls, the situation has came back to normality. Now the earnig calculator show the right information and all the TP back to my account.
Thanks for updating PLATINOIB and glad it is resolved.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

I don't know why but again the situation is that LPA-MAD gives 20 TP and that information is not correct. All the flights from the Canary Islands to the rest of Spain used to be 40 TP in Business. Why they are changing again??? Now if you check for example Las Palmas to Vigo in operated for Iberia is the right information about the TP, and the route is shorter than MAD.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:48 pm

I don't know why but again the situation is that LPA-MAD gives 20 TP and that information is not correct. All the flights from the Canary Islands to the rest of Spain used to be 40 TP in Business. Why they are changing again??? Now if you check for example Las Palmas to Vigo in operated for Iberia is the right information about the TP, and the route is shorter than MAD.
yes someone raised this recently on another thread. See the posts by myself and Temps in this thread.

Madrid connections
PLATINOIB likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA

yes someone raised this recently on another thread. See the posts by myself and Temps in this thread.

Madrid connections
And what do you think about it? Dropped o mistake? In case of change the TP earned, they can do it with any advise? I have some tickets booked before that change.

Last edited by PLATINOIB; Jun 16, 2018 at 5:22 pm
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:28 am

And what do you think about it? Dropped o mistake? In case of change the TP earned, they can do it with any advise? I have some tickets booked before that change.
Sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Of all the IB Spanish routes between the mainland and Canary Islands it seems MAD-TFS/TFN/ACE/FUE/LPA/SPC, and OVD-TFN have all been downgraded to 20 TP. All other mainland and Canary Islands IB routes remain at 40 TPs.

I have raised it with BA but no response yet, just that it has been sent on to the relevant team. Certainly I am not sure of the logic or whether it is a mistake - there are other shorter mainland to Canary Islands IB routes still showing at 40 TPs.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Of all the IB Spanish routes between the mainland and Canary Islands it seems MAD-TFS/TFN/ACE/FUE/LPA/SPC, and OVD-TFN have all been downgraded to 20 TP. All other mainland and Canary Islands IB routes remain at 40 TPs.

I have raised it with BA but no response yet, just that it has been sent on to the relevant team. Certainly I am not sure of the logic or whether it is a mistake - there are other shorter mainland to Canary Islands IB routes still showing at 40 TPs.
There is another domestic flight like LGW-GIB with similar distance and still having 40TP. All flights more than 1000 miles would must have it.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:43 pm

There is another domestic flight like LGW-GIB with similar distance and still having 40TP. All flights more than 1000 miles would must have it.
I am afraid it simply isn't the case that all routes >1,000 miles are or were ever all short haul+ routes earning 80 TPs. There isn't a fixed threshold for short haul + routes.

Short haul+ TPs only exist on BA for exUK routes, and the only exception is the UK-HEL routes where AY also credits as 80 TPs in J. I believe that exception is due to the joint business agreement between AY and BA on the UK-HEL routes.

It's a bit of a mixed bag between 1,000-1,150. It is certainly true to say that everything above 1,150 is short haul+ but that isn't the threshold as there isn't a clear threshold . These are all the routes from 1,000 to 1,200:

There is a comprehensive list of short haul + routes in the reference posts at the start of the tier point run thread.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Today they change the routes that still showed 40TP like Vigo, Santander, etc... So I'm afraid that they decide to donwgrade.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:12 pm

Today they change the routes that still showed 40TP like Vigo, Santander, etc... So I'm afraid that they decide to donwgrade.
Yes, it doesn't look like a mistake anymore. I checked all the IB routes between the mainland and Canary Islands yesterday and most were still 40 TPs. When I checked them alla again just now every single one is now showing as 20 TP in business. There is not one left at 40 TPs anymore.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat
It's weird how they seemed to do it bit by bit instead of all at once isn't it.

May as well stick to Bilbao, less money, same TPs and better tapas!
ubiest, KARFA and TheOldMan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.