Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why now LPA-MAD route change in TP earns?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IB PLATINO, AB GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Why now LPA-MAD route change in TP earns?

Few days ago I took that route in business and only have 20 TP in my account. I call GGL call center and they said me that are the points that are on BA.com Why this changes??? I take a look to similar routes like TFN or ACE and are 40 TP. Is probably a mistake?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
change in TP earns? from what to what? any evidence you have??
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It is the case that IB domestic business class earns 20 TP. But it is also the case that Spain to the Canary Islands on IB earns 40 TPs.

I don't know why LPA only earns 20 TP or whether this is a change or has always been the case.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
It is the case that IB domestic business class earns 20 TP. But it is also the case that Spain to the Canary Islands on IB earns 40 TPs.

I don't know why LPA only earns 20 TP or whether this is a change or has always been the case.
I used to have always 40 TP. And the only Canary route that have been change is this (Gran Canaria). Tenerife, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura still gives 40 TP in the information that is posible to check in BA.com
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:00 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I've definitely received 40 TP for LPA-MAD previously. The last time I flew the route was over 18 months ago, so if the change is correct, I couldn't say when it happened.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Shows as 20 points on the BA avios/tier point calculator
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Definitely used to be 40 TPs, with other IB Domestic being (e.g. MAD-BCN Shuttle) being 20TPs, so this may just be realigning and aiming to encourage people to use the direct LON-LPA flights rather than cheaper fares via MAD.

It is a shame that BA don't have a way of updating us of changes, surely a line or two in the BAEC spamogras would mean I might read the damn things.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad
Definitely used to be 40 TPs, with other IB Domestic being (e.g. MAD-BCN Shuttle) being 20TPs, so this may just be realigning and aiming to encourage people to use the direct LON-LPA flights rather than cheaper fares via MAD.
And why happens only this with LPA, and not with TFN,ACE and FUE?. That makes no sense.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by PLATINOIB
And why happens only this with LPA, and not with TFN,ACE and FUE?. That makes no sense.
I'm not sure but a quick flight booking search demonstrates that when you put a LON-TPN, it gives you the options of via MAD, whereas LPA it only offers you the direct flight. Perhaps they want to encourage the LPA flight to keep it full and viable whereas there is enough traffic to TPN? I'm guessing of course and wouldn't want to ask too many questions or the others may be reduced to 20TP too.

Worth screen printing flight calculator at times of booking in case changes happen perhaps.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Does seems a strange one and has definitely changed recently. A quick look also shows that the LPA route departing from other Spanish hubs (BCN,AGP etc.) still gives us a 40TP yield.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Or maybe... someone was updating the tp earning table and made a simple mistake? like it has happened with booking class R on QR a while ago?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
Or maybe... someone was updating the tp earning table and made a simple mistake? like it has happened with booking class R on QR a while ago?
Always a possibility.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Does seems a strange one and has definitely changed recently. A quick look also shows that the LPA route departing from other Spanish hubs (BCN,AGP etc.) still gives us a 40TP yield.
I checked all the LPA routes on IB (MAD, OVD, SCQ, VLC, ALC, LEN, MLN, SDR, VLL, VGO) and only LPA-MAD is showing 20 so I think a mistake rather than an intentional change.
Calchas likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I checked all the LPA routes on IB (MAD, OVD, SCQ, VLC, ALC, LEN, MLN, SDR, VLL, VGO) and only LPA-MAD is showing 20 so I think a mistake rather than an intentional change.
And what can I do? I call twice to GGL line and they said me that is correct. And no explanation why with LPA and no with the others Canary airports.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:54 pm

And what can I do? I call twice to GGL line and they said me that is correct. And no explanation why with LPA and no with the others Canary airports.
Point out it clearly isn't correct since all other Spain-LPA routes are 40 and all other Spain-Canary Islands routes are 40.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.