Wiki Posts
Search

New BA Lounges at Gatwick South

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
New BA Lounges at Gatwick South

I will be making my final arrival into and departure from Gatwick North in mid-January. Having spent the last 2 years with silver status I have just managed to scrape gold for next year so a chance for a final visit to the No1 Clubrooms before the big switchover.

By my next visit in February, we should be flying in and out of the South terminal where I believe (hope) the new BA lounges are close to being ready.

Does anyone have any news on progress? Will they be open on schedule, and what will they have to offer?

Cheers
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Hi, dmsmith70 and welcome! As it's BA specific, I suspect a Mod will be along shortly to move your query to the BA forum - where there's lots of information and very clued-up people. See you there!

(I'm interested too, will be flying from LGW in March).
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:39 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Tocsin
Hi, dmsmith70 and welcome! As it's BA specific, I suspect a Mod will be along shortly to move your query to the BA forum - where there's lots of information and very clued-up people. See you there!
Sure enough! Sending this to the BA forum, which is where the BA experts live on FT.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:53 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...questions.html

I think you'll probably find this thread useful. States:

Update 14 April 2016
25 January 2017 is the official opening date of the new lounge in LGW.

"The new lounge will have more space with better facilities and the location will offer impressive views across the runway. The new lounge will also have full kitchen facilities and an exclusive area for our First customers and Gold Executive Club members."

Thanks to Happytohelp for this intel"
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
apologies for posting in the wrong section and thanks for moving. I was a bit torn as to whether it was a 'Gatwick' question or a 'BA' question but as I presume the new lounges will be only for BA/OneWorld customers I guess its really a BA issue.

Thanks also for the replies. I saw the April 2016 update but was hoping there might be an update.

Obviously any sneaky pics or inside info would be welcome, but my main concern was that we would all switch to the South Terminal and then be told the lounge isn't ready and won't open until the summer, or something similar.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised when the time comes.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dmsmith70
I hope to be pleasantly surprised when the time comes.
Me too! Well I have had a sneak look and I don't think many passengers will be disappointed (though it's a tough crowd in here sometimes!). The lounge was constructed ahead of schedule and if they had to open it tomorrow I think they probably could, just about.

The main thread for the new lounge is currently here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...an-2017-a.html
The thread mentioned in the previous post is more about the soon to end arrangements in North.

But welcome to the BA forum dmsmith70, welcome to Flyertalk and I hope that we will hear more from you, perhaps including your impressions of the new lounge when you see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.